Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

The Hunger Games Mockingjay: Part 1 (spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robin (last edited Nov 03, 2014 07:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robin Riddle Who is excited for Mockingjay Part 1? What do you think about the book being split into two movies? Do you think doing so will makes these movies better or worse? How true to the book do you think they will be? Then finally where do you think they will end Part 1? I heard people say they will end it at the part when Peeta first attacks Katniss after he is rescued I think that would be a good cliff hanger for those who haven't read the books.

message 2: by Em (new) - added it

Em Lou So, me being the twit that I am I decided to read this even thought it said "(Spoilers)"

I probably shouldn't have done that cause I'm now sitting here thinking: "PEETA ATTACKS KATNISS!! WHATTT?!?!"

I am far too excited to watch the film!

I haven't read the books yet, I wanted to read them after watching the films, cause I don't want a repeat of when I watched Twilight AFTER reading the books; as I sat there going "they missed that out," "that didn't happen in the book." So I will be reading the books after!

message 3: by Em (new) - added it

Em Lou On another note though; Hunger Games is ten times better than Twilight and the Twilight films aren't even comparable to The Hunger Games films.

THG Films are probably one of my all time favourites.

Ilana i'm excited for the movie now that i've seem the newer trailers. i have to say that the first one wasn't that great and the next wasn't iffy - but the latest 2 are really good and i think that they'll do a great job.

as for how i think that they'll split it, i'm kind of on the fence about where i think they'll do it and how it'll work out. i think that there are a few good points in the story to make a 'clean break' but i wonder if they will leave enough on the back end for the 2nd part to stand alone.

the other bit too is that i'm a huge PSH fan, and since we heard after his passing that there was still a big scene that he hadn't finished - i'm interested to see which it was and how they get around it. i know that they made a big deal about not publicizing which scene it was so that people don't look out for that one scene - so i'm hoping that i won't actually notice which it is.

message 5: by Jessika (last edited Nov 05, 2014 08:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jessika De araujo I think it would be a good idea to end the Part 1 with Petta attacking Katniss. Those haven't read the book would be very surprised and anxious for the next part! But I'm afraid that the first part of the movie is going to be a little boring, because I was much more excited about what happened after this point.