Crime Detective Mystery Thriller Group discussion

Discussions > Do you read a book series back to back?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Will (new)

Will | 2 comments I'm just curious - if you find a good book that is part of a series, do you read the entire series back to back or do you skip around to other books of interest and get back to the series at a later date?

message 2: by Betty (new)

Betty (bettylouise54) | 123 comments Usually if I read more than 3 of a series I lose interest so I like to read other books Between them. Occasionally I find one that will keep interest until I finished the series.

message 3: by Will (new)

Will | 2 comments Sometimes, I find that if I get away from a series for too long, I forget some of the back stories and have to go back and refresh my memory.

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 219 comments Normally I read a light read and a more serious read at the same time. I listen to one and read the other. Sometimes I will take a break from a series by reading a lighter book, but then get right back to the series. It really depends on the series I am reading and my mood at the time.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I've done this in the past. Unfortunately, after finishing a series, it's so hard to wait a year or more for the next one after reading the rest back to back. I do agree with the above-mentioned issue of forgetting.

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy I spread them out a bit - but not a year apart as happens when you are waiting for the next installment. Most series get repetitive and I like to break them up. I also find I don't want to do two series by the same author at once. I've put aside the Anne Perry's Pitts series until I finish the Monk series and Beaton's Agatha Raisin for Hamlish Macbeth.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I usually start from the beginning of the series.

message 8: by Eduardo (new)

Eduardo Suastegui (esuastegui) If I'm really hooked, I do. I read the first three Lincoln Lawyer (Connely) back to back, but then I took a break. As it turns out the last one didn't hold my interest as much, or maybe I was getting a little burned out. Fire and Ice on the other hand? (I know, different genre) I pounded through that in less than two months.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Still reading the Harry Bosch series. I'll stay with that one.

message 10: by Domonique (new)

Domonique | 25 comments I have to read them back to back, especially if the books closes on a cliff hanger or if it's just so good that I need to find out what happens next.