Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading November 3?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2065 comments Mod
Happy November!
I'm starting this week with Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen.

message 2: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2081 comments Mod
Rogue Spy by Joanna Bourne comes out tomorrow. CANNOT WAIT'

message 3: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Just got back from a trip, and now that I'm home I'm ready for Christmas books. (I know, it's still early, but I like them.) I'm on deadline, so I'll probably be reading novellas until that's past: Christmas In The Duke's Arms: A Christmas Anthology and Christmas Brides.

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) I'm currently reading Darling Beast by Elizabeth Hoyt. This is the newest book in the Maiden Lane series and I hope it's as good as the previous books.

message 5: by Kym (new)

Kym | 206 comments Kiss of Steel but I'm having a difficult time getting into it. I have By Winter's Light queued up in audio, and will probably put the former on hold.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1004 comments Sophie Jordan's newest novella was released today, An Heiress For All Seasons. Has anyone on this group read it yet?

message 7: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (dlecroybeaver) Reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. This is a long book but an easy read. I am loving it. I'm also re-reading Persuasion by Jane Austen. I hope to pick up Confessions of a Shopaholic on my kindle this week and Only Enchanting. Really excited for the new Balogh!!

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I'm finally on book 8 Moby of the Outlander series. I'm loving all the history and am going to Mount Vernon this weekend bc I'm a huge nerd.

message 9: by Phoenix77 (new)

Phoenix77 | 346 comments I'm finishing up Warrior by Nancy Northcott and then starting Elizabeth Boyle's The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane

message 10: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Susan, I've got the new Sophie Jordan novella but haven't read it yet. It's going in the pool of Christmas novellas I'm reading this week. :)

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1004 comments Theresa wrote: "Susan, I've got the new Sophie Jordan novella but haven't read it yet. It's going in the pool of Christmas novellas I'm reading this week. :)"
So we will read it at the same time! fun.

message 12: by Romanticbookworm (new)

Romanticbookworm | 77 comments I am currently reading Game Of Thrones Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow Part 1 by George RR Martin. I am loving this book and really missed the characters and the world :).

message 13: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2081 comments Mod
Just finished Rogue Spy. It's another wonderful wonderful book by Joanna Bourne. Compelling and highly individual characters. I am ready to read it again right now.
I am particularly in love with Pax and the story is told largely from his point of view. And I want to see more of the Fluffy Aunts!

message 14: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cawils_99) I finally finished Darling Beast, which took me longer to get into than any of the fist 6 books in the series. I'm glad I kept reading. Now I'm going to read The Fault in Our Stars. My son just finished it and he really wants to talk to me about it(he's 13). I hope it's not too depressing.

message 15: by Okie (new)

Romanticbookworm, I'm planning on reading George RR Martin's GoT series this winter. Have you watched GoT on HBO?

message 16: by Romanticbookworm (last edited Nov 09, 2014 11:36AM) (new)

Romanticbookworm | 77 comments Okie - I own the series 1-3 on DVD as I bought it with my birthday money but I have only seen the first series as of yet as I wanted to read the books first before continuing on with the TV series.

I finished up Game Of Thrones: Storm Of Swords: Steel and Snow Part 1. I then read The Sleeper and The Spindle by Neil Gaiman (Library book) which I found to be an interesting twist on the sleeping beauty fairytale.

I am going to read Game Of Thrones: Storm Of Swords: Blood and Gold Part Two next.

message 17: by Okie (new)

Romanticbookworm, I should've read the books first "/ My brother in law suggested I read them anyhow, for a more accurate account. lol

message 18: by Allyson (new)

Allyson (allycat402) | 1 comments What Happens in London, Julia Quinn! 100 pages in.