Confessions of a Sociopath: A Life Spent Hiding in Plain Sight Confessions of a Sociopath discussion

Why be Anonymous?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Lozyk Romeo A prank to pick on people's brains perhaps.

Jessica I emailed her and asked for her name [which she offered at the end of the books] and never got a response. Interesting. Why offer to reveal your identity if you won't when asked?

Naomi Jessica wrote: "I emailed her and asked for her name [which she offered at the end of the books] and never got a response. Interesting. Why offer to reveal your identity if you won't when asked?"

Dang. I thought about emailing her as well, but now I won't waste my time.

Julia Jessica wrote: "I emailed her and asked for her name [which she offered at the end of the books] and never got a response. Interesting. Why offer to reveal your identity if you won't when asked?"

That's one of the points in the book: Sociopaths toy with people. They like to control. They are also notorious liars. I wouldn't have even bothered to write her. She is probably sitting on her high horse (laughing maniacally) counting the amount of requests for her name as the arrive to her inbox, thinking to herself how silly people are to believe a person who told them in plain simple language why she cannot be trusted. Sounds like some well thought out plan for an ego trip to me.
.....But that is just my opinion on things....Maybe she did give her name to people when she first published the book. I doubt it, though.

Cassandra I agree with Jessica, I found it a troubling book because she appears to glorify being a sociopath as though it gives her an advantage over other people. Which is inherently the problem with sociopaths.

They do not have an advantage, the are major manipulators who cause a lot of damage in organizations, places of employment and in personal relationships.

использовать жизнь как кинжалом she isnt preaching anonymity. if she were, she wouldn't go on Dr Phil wearing ONLY a wig. Seems pretty stupid considering all the mumbo jumbo she kept writing about concerning anonymity in her book. Fraud.

message 7: by ☘Misericordia☘ (last edited Dec 06, 2015 04:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣ Why be anonimous? To be anonimous, of course. Would you want to reveal the most intimate details of the design of your psyche to just about any reader of your book? She obviously wants to live on, work in some professional capacity on and such revelations would be likely to create problems with all of that.

Why did she suggest writing to her to get her name? A prank to count how many would want it.
And anyway, why do you all want her name? Who cares if she was discussing her own self, her perseption of someone else's self, her sister or just about imaginary anyone else?

The whole discussion is reminding me of Cretan Liar paradox. Epimenides was a Cretan who made the following statement: "All Cretans are liars." Think of it. Did he lie? Or was he a Cretan who told the truth?

Here we would have a person who is a sociopath, to some extent, one who would at some point lie and, at some other point, tell the truth. A *path* who lies? A *norm* being truthful? How extraordinary, right?

message 8: by Britt (last edited Dec 08, 2015 09:09AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Britt Evidently this is her professional website:
http://www.jlundlaw.com/p/about.html