Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

❤ ARCHIVES > #44 The Selection by Kiera Cass

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments This thread is to discuss The Selection by Kiera Cass. This book is the first in its series, please join in and enjoy.

message 2: by Shama (new)

Shama Rashid (shamaaa) | 64 comments First of all, can I just say, I JUST LOVE THAT COVER.
I've read this book and one of the main reasons hy was the pretty cover :')

message 3: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Me too, Shama!!! Lol!!! Everyone says don't judge a book by its cover, but 9 out 10 times they are the reason I choose the book!!! Lol!! I really enjoyed this series!!

message 4: by DJacelyn (new)

DJacelyn | 715 comments Me too!! I always look out for cover that attracts me first, then the title and next is the excerpt. Hehe. Could not agree more that the cover for The Selection is Fabulous.

message 5: by DJacelyn (new)

DJacelyn | 715 comments Just completed the book. Can't wait to read the next one!

message 6: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments So I'm still in the beginning but Aspen and America...

message 7: by DJacelyn (new)

DJacelyn | 715 comments Erika, I'm sure you will finish soon. I'm impressed by your reading speed!

message 8: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments DJacelyn (view spoiler)

message 9: by DJacelyn (new)

DJacelyn | 715 comments Vega_girl wrote: "DJacelyn [spoilers removed]"
For that instance, I'm sad that the prince may not like her. Now, I'm so excited to find how (view spoiler)

message 10: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Chapter 23 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments So I just finished...(view spoiler)

message 12: by DJacelyn (new)

DJacelyn | 715 comments Totally agree with you Erika. (view spoiler)

message 13: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Yay, I am so glad you guys are. enjoying this series!!
(view spoiler)

message 14: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I totally agree with you Barbara about her honesty (view spoiler)

message 15: by DJacelyn (new)

DJacelyn | 715 comments Erika wrote: "I totally agree with you Barbara about her honesty [spoilers removed]"

I agreed with you

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris | 7142 comments Mod
DJacelyn wrote: "Vega_girl wrote: "DJacelyn [spoilers removed]"
For that instance, I'm sad that the prince may not like her. Now, I'm so excited to find how [spoilers removed]"

Okay, I'm only on chapter 11, but I can't put the book down now! I really am hooked. (view spoiler). I hope to finish today!

message 17: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I can't wait for you to finish Chris!!!

message 18: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments I really did not think Chris and Erika were going to like this......I am so glad you guy do!!!

message 19: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Vega_girl wrote: "I really did not think Chris and Erika were going to like this......I am so glad you guy do!!!"

Really? I loved Hunger Games. But to be honest, I wasn't sure if I would like it, that's why it took me so long to read it, lol.

message 20: by Vega_girl (last edited Nov 06, 2014 05:39PM) (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Hunger games took me a while to get into too, but by book two I was hooked!!! Lol!!

message 21: by Chris (last edited Nov 06, 2014 08:13PM) (new)

I finished and I completely agree with Erika and Barbara! (view spoiler) So glad we're reading The Elite with next week's weekly read! *YAY*

message 22: by DJacelyn (new)

DJacelyn | 715 comments *yay* for Chris! I always wanted to read hunger games book but haven't start yet.

message 23: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments I LOVE that I know all the answers you seek!!!!! This is like a first!!!!! Bahaha!!!!!

message 24: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Vega_girl wrote: "I LOVE that I know all the answers you seek!!!!! This is like a first!!!!! Bahaha!!!!!"

You are so mean!!! I don't want to play nice with you anymore :(

DJacelyn wrote: "*yay* for Chris! I always wanted to read hunger games book but haven't start yet."

You so,should read it. I think you'll like the series.

message 25: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments I agree with Erika because she is so smart and kind and a great book reader!!!!!!

(....psst.....Erika are we friends again????) (´・_・`)

message 26: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Vega_girl wrote: "I agree with Erika because she is so smart and kind and a great book reader!!!!!!

(....psst.....Erika are we friends again????) (´・_・`)"

Hahahahahahaha, always!!!

message 27: by Chris (new)

Vega_girl wrote: "I agree with Erika because she is so smart and kind and a great book reader!!!!!!

(....psst.....Erika are we friends again????) (´・_・`)"

Look at you being all sweet and using your cute phone art! hahahaha

message 28: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Hahaha!!!!!!

message 29: by Talia (new)

Talia (talia_kennedy_) Ummmm, I feel really alone here, but I actually love Celeste- she's one of my fav characters!

message 30: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments I definitely don't love her till book 3!!! Haha!!!

message 31: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Vega_girl wrote: "I definitely don't love her till book 3!!! Haha!!!"

I agree with Barbara!!

message 32: by Talia (new)

Talia (talia_kennedy_) Yes, I totally get where you're coming from, but in book 3, she's so awesome!!!

message 33: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Talia ~I'd call myself normal, but then I'd be lying~ wrote: "Yes, I totally get where you're coming from, but in book 3, she's so awesome!!!"

That she is, and once you read book three you kind of do like her in the other books, because now you know her and why she's the way she is.

message 34: by Talia (new)

Talia (talia_kennedy_) Exactly, Erika!

message 35: by Chris (new)

Yes, Erika you nailed it! It took until the third book to get to know Celeste and understand where she was coming from. Loved her in the third book and totally get her in the other two.

message 36: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 166 comments I haven't read The One yet. I don't know about Celeste's story's, why Aspen is the jerk now, what the heck makes Maxxon so romantic. Ooh he took a beating for her, that isn't romantic that is cringe-worthy and what is so great about him being a blonde with blue eyes? America annoys me. If you are so insecure about your appearance then drop out. Because I know I'm dang sexy and can charm my way to the prince. I love this series but all the characters are total cliches. I wish one of them could be a misfit. And America is not a misfit, she has people who've got her back.

message 37: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Natalie wrote: "I haven't read The One yet. I don't know about Celeste's story's, why Aspen is the jerk now, what the heck makes Maxxon so romantic. Ooh he took a beating for her, that isn't romantic that is cring..."
You should read The One already then because Celeste is your girl!!

message 38: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Vega_girl wrote: "Natalie wrote: "I haven't read The One yet. I don't know about Celeste's story's, why Aspen is the jerk now, what the heck makes Maxxon so romantic. Ooh he took a beating for her, that isn't romant..."

True that!!