The Challenge Factory discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
♦Factory Archives♦ > November Employee of the Month & Challenge

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenne (last edited Nov 02, 2014 08:01AM) (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments

is......

Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie

Congrats Kristin! So tell us a little about yourself:
1. What are your 5 favorite books?
2. What is your favorite genre?
3. Where do you live?
4. What's your favorite color?
5. Name 2 books that you didn't like.
6. What is/was your profession?
7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
8. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
9. If you could have lunch with an author, who would you choose?
10. What are your hobbies besides reading?
11. What's your favorite thing about/at TCF?
12. Who's your top 3 authors?
13. Do you have any pets, and if so what are they and what are their names?
14. What's your favorite thing to eat?
15. What method of reading do you prefer i.e. Kindle, paperback, audio, etc?
16. What are you currently reading?
17. What book did you just finish?
18. Name a book, author, or series that you loved and wouldn't of know about if it weren't for Goodreads.
19. If you could be any character from a book who would it be and what book is he/she from?
20. Where's your favorite place to go on vacation to?

Bonus:
Tell us 3 things about yourself

This challenge will run for the month of November, feel free to think outside the box!

message 2: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Whoop whoop GO K-Twat lol.
Congrats lovely xx

message 3: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Wooooohooo!! Way to go Kristin!!

message 4: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments THANK YOU JENNE, VICCI & PARIS!

It was soooo hard narrowing down the FAVORITES!!!

1. What are your 5 favorite books?
The Eighth Guardian (Annum Guard, #1) by Meredith McCardle The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons Looking for Alaska by John Green The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
....and the entire Experiment in Terror series! (Is that cheating???) :)
Seriously, this is the hardest question out of all of them because there are sooooo many that I've really liked , I don't know how to pick just 5.

I used to think my favorite genre was adult contemporary but lately it's been all things paranormal. I'm also a fan of YA.

3. Where do you live?
I live in Fishers, Indiana - which is a suburb just north of Indianapolis

Royal Blue

5. Name 2 books that you didn't like.
Bully (Fall Away, #1) by Penelope Douglas White Trash Beautiful (White Trash Trilogy, #1) by Teresa Mummert
blech

6. What is/was your profession?
I'm a revenue management analyst at a vacation exchange company (RCI)

Anywhere warm & near the ocean... near-ish to family

8. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Pistachio Almond... yum!

Karina Halle - Her books are amazing and a bit out there, how could she not be interesting!

10. What are your hobbies besides reading?
Movies, exercise (mostly walking, yoga, jogging) and watching my kids at their sports (lacrosse, swimming, gymnastics)

- The friendly & fun people
- The fabulous challenges
- All of the introductions to new books & series that I never would have known about otherwise

12. Who's your top 3 authors?
- Karina Halle
- Colleen Hoover
- J A Redmerski (this last spot had lots of competition - Tara Sivec, Amy Harmon, Addison Moore, Jessica Sorensen)

13. Do you have any pets, and if so what are they and what are their names?
I have 2 golden retrievers - Sadie & Stella
(Perhaps I should have mentioned "vacuuming" as one of my hobbies..)

14. What's your favorite thing to eat?
MEXICAN!!! Especially shrimp tacos...

Once I got accustomed to listening to audio books, I've become addicted to them. Love being able to listen to a book while on the go, doing laundry, cleaning house, etc. I've been able to "read" a lot more books now since I don't have to wait for time to be able to sit down and actually read! I sound like I own stock don't I?

16. What are you currently reading?
I'm reading Brew (Salem's Revenge, #1) by David Estes and listening to Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger

17. What book did you just finish?
I just finished Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1) by H.P. Mallory and Fish & Chips (Cut & Run, #3) by Abigail Roux

18. Name a book, author, or series that you loved and wouldn't of know about if it weren't for Goodreads.
The Experiment in Terror series - Thank you Paris & Jenne for the introduction!

19. If you could be any character from a book who would it be and what book is he/she from?
Gin Blanco (Elemental Assassin series) - the girl's got serious skills and a hot dude

20. Where's your favorite place to go on vacation to?
Anywhere warm & beachy - favorites so far have been St Martin, Kauai & Puerto Vallarta (I can't pick just one!)

Bonus: Tell us 3 things about yourself

-> For living in a basketball state, I'm a big fan of football. I love the Colts & Payton Manning - and am still sad they are not one and the same. (No offense Luck - you're cool too.) So when I'm not rooting for the Colts, I'm cheering on the Broncos. My brother lives in Texas so we watch quite a bit of the Cowboys and the Texans when we can.

-> I met my hubby through karate - he was my black belt instructor.

-> We've been married nearly 14 years now and have a blended family with 4 kiddos. Although the 2 oldest are grown and living on their own. My son will be going to college next year..sniff.. But my daughter just turned 13 and is stuck with us for awhile. :)

message 5: by Taya (last edited Nov 23, 2014 02:11PM) (new)

Taya | 295 comments I'm in.
Factory Employee of the Month!
November 2014 EOTM Challenge

5/6 READ

1. QUESTION 4. | Cover: Blue: The Enlightenment of Daniel - 11/5

2. QUESTION 10. | Read a YA theme book. Play It Again - 11/6

3. QUESTION 11. | Read a book part of of TCF's challenge. Come See About Me - 11/3

4. QUESTION 12. | Read one of your top 3 authors.

5. QUESTION 18. | Read a book recommended by GR's friend. Fight - 11/1

6. QUESTION 20. | Read a book where the MC goes on vacation. (Watch Me) Body You - 11/13

message 6: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Nov 28, 2014 10:00AM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
Factory Employee of the Month!
Read 4 of 4

1. Question #2: What is your favorite genre?
I used to think my favorite genre was adult contemporary but lately it's been all things paranormal. I'm also a fan of YA. Don of the Dead by Casey Daniels-11/4/14
3. Question #16: What are you currently reading? I'm reading Brew (Salem's Revenge, #1) by David Estes and listening to Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger: Soulless by Gail Carriger-11/27/14
4. Question #19: If you could be any character from a book who would it be and what book is he/she from? Gin Blanco (Elemental Assassin series) - the girl's got serious skills and a hot dude: Thread of Death by Jennifer Estep-11/21/14
5. Question #20: Where's your favorite place to go on vacation to? Anywhere warm & beachy - favorites so far have been St Martin, Kauai & Puerto Vallarta (I can't pick just one!): Love Finds You in Lahaina Hawaii by Bodie Thoene-11/25/14

message 7: by Penni (new)

Penni | 994 comments Congrats Kristin!

message 8: by Lanelle, Production Chief (last edited Nov 13, 2014 08:58PM) (new)

Lanelle | 14243 comments Mod
I'm in.
5.book you didn't like - White Trash Beautiful
I'll spell out BEAUTIFUL using titles, main characters and author's names.

B - Barbara Hambly Traveling with the Dead 11/6/14 ***
E - Eulogy's Secret 11/2/14 ***
A - Antonia in A Hero for Antonia 11/11/14 ***
U - The Undertaker's Bride 11/7/14 ***
T - mc's nickname is Trip Nuptials for Sale 11/13/14 ***
I - Ibbotson, Eva A Countess Below Stairs 11/2/14 ***
F - Frederica 11/7/14 ****
U - The Unknown Ajax 11/11/14 ****
L - Lady Lu 11/10/14 ***

message 9: by Barbara ★ (last edited Dec 01, 2014 04:32PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 1927 comments Factory Employee of the Month!

READ: 7/7

✔1. Question #2 - What is your favorite genre?
I used to think my favorite genre was adult contemporary but lately it's been all things paranormal. I'm also a fan of YA.
Nearly Departed in Deadwood (Deadwood, #1) by Ann Charles Nearly Departed in Deadwood - Ann Charles 11/9

✔2. Question #4 - What's your favorite color? Royal Blue
Blue Dragon (Dark Heavens, #3) by Kylie Chan Blue Dragon - Kylie Chan 11/19

✔3. Question #5 - Name 2 books that you didn't like.
Bully (Fall Away, #1) by Penelope Douglas White Trash Beautiful (White Trash Trilogy, #1) by Teresa Mummert
Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues (White Trash Zombie, #2) by Diana Rowland Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues - Diana Rowland (white trash in title) 11/24

✔4. Question #8 - What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Pistachio Almond... yum!
Billionaires Prefer Blondes (Samantha Jellicoe, #3) by Suzanne Enoch Billionaires Prefer Blondes - Suzanne Enoch (light green cover) 11/10

✔5. Question #13 - Do you have any pets, and if so what are they and what are their names?
I have 2 golden retrievers - Sadie & Stella
Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism, #3) by Jill Shalvis Rescue My Heart - Jill Shalvis (dog on cover, could be a golden retriever) 11/30

✔6. Question #15 - What method of reading do you prefer i.e. Kindle, paperback, audio, etc?
Once I got accustomed to listening to audio books, I've become addicted to them.
Contest by Matthew Reilly Contest - Matthew Reilly (audio) 11/13

✔7. Bonus -> For living in a basketball state, I'm a big fan of football.
Should've Known Better (Storm, #1) by Cassandra Carr Should've Known Better - Cassandra Carr (sports romance) 11/29

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 10: by Penni (last edited Nov 06, 2014 10:04AM) (new)

Penni | 994 comments Hmmmm. In.

Read: 1/7

Amaury's Hellion (Scanguards Vampires, #2) by Tina Folsom Amaury's Hellion

Royal Blue - Blue Cover - Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2) by Susan Fanetti Behold the Stars

Anywhere warm & near the ocean... near-ish to family
Takes place on the ocean - Leashing the Tempest (Arcadia Bell, #2.5) by Jenn BennettLeashing the Tempest
11/5/14

Karina Halle - Her books are amazing and a bit out there, how could she not be interesting!
Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2) by Karina Halle Shooting Scars

- The friendly & fun people
- The fabulous challenges
- All of the introductions to new books & series that I never would have known about otherwise
TCF Buddy Read Challenge - The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3) by Deborah Harkness The Book of Life

Once I got accustomed to listening to audio books, I've become addicted to them. Love being able to listen to a book while on the go, doing laundry, cleaning house, etc. I've been able to "read" a lot more books now since I don't have to wait for time to be able to sit down and actually read! I sound like I own stock don't I? I can give you a run for your money on owning stock on audio lol
Visions in Death (In Death, #19) by J.D. Robb Visions in Death

Gin Blanco (Elemental Assassin series) - the girl's got serious skills and a hot dude - By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6) by Jennifer Estep By a Thread

message 11: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16365 comments Mod
My girl!!!
Congratulations K-Terror or K-Junkie, I have to decide which one I like better. I am leaning towards the first one :D

message 12: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker wrote: "My girl!!!
Congratulations K-Terror or K-Junkie, I have to decide which one I like better. I am leaning towards the first one :D"

Either is probably better than what I was called before - but at least I'm not so scary now! LOL!

message 13: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Thanks Penni & Ezi!

Penni - I had no idea you were an audioaholic too! Ha!

message 14: by Penni (new)

Penni | 994 comments Kristin ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Thanks Penni & Ezi!

Penni - I had no idea you were an audioaholic too! Ha!"

Oh yea. I read maybe 3-4 books a month - and audio 6-8 since I have a long commute and can listen while doing house stuff. I have come to really love audio.

scribd just announced that they are adding audio - and I just learned about scribd - and so signed up for a free month. Lots of audios on there I want including Ilona Andrews new one and Jeanine Frosts Beautiful Ashes (which I hvae been waiting for the audio for from the library since it came out).

message 15: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Penni let me know after you've listened to one there if you can speed up the narration if you don't mind :)

message 16: by Penni (new)

Penni | 994 comments Jenne wrote: "Penni let me know after you've listened to one there if you can speed up the narration if you don't mind :)"

I will. I don't increase the speed myself, but I can check. Haven't set it up yet.

message 17: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments I almost always have it on 3x unless it's a dresden book, they get 2x lol.

message 18: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

OMG, I just tried Amaury's Hellion at 2x and it was like listening to the chipmunks. I can't do it!

message 19: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments I've always read them, never listened to one. I can only put it that fast if I have earbuds in, if I'm just playing it without them I can't.

Just looked at scribd they have good titles! Free month Ezi = easy bingo books lol.

message 20: by Penni (new)

Penni | 994 comments I was going to check out for you the app Jenne, but audio isn't available on scribd for iOs yet. So, I can't answer your question :-(

message 21: by Penni (new)

Penni | 994 comments And I can't listen to anything but 1x - it would drive me nuts. I enjoy a good story and don't mind listening to it if the narrator is good at a story telling pace. My daughter reads at at least 2x speed. I keep trying to find the "go slower" button and haven't been able to find it yet.

message 22: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Penni wrote: "And I can't listen to anything but 1x - it would drive me nuts. I enjoy a good story and don't mind listening to it if the narrator is good at a story telling pace. My daughter reads at at least ..."

Slow, I like 1.25 or even 1.5, but that's max. Regular speed is fine

message 23: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Nov 06, 2014 06:44PM) (new)

Jenne wrote: "I've always read them, never listened to one. I can only put it that fast if I have earbuds in, if I'm just playing it without them I can't.

Just looked at scribd they have good titles! Free month..."

I'll go check it out. Gracias

message 24: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Thanks Penni! I think I might sign up for the free trial in the coming weeks.

message 25: by Penni (new)

Penni | 994 comments On another list they posted this - for a 3 month free trial....

http://harlequinblog.com/2014/10/fall...

message 26: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Ooooh thanks Penni!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.