What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Counting book where you find a hidden rubber duck on every page

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aoife (new)

Aoife | 1 comments A children's book where a Teddy bear (i think) starts off alone in a house and each page he finds a new friend and it counts up. There's a tiger (i think) who mixes up mustard and custard. There's a cat that was stuck in a chimney like santa claws in a room with a pool table. there was a crocodile in a bathroom making chocolate chocodiles. there was something stuck up a tree that thay all caught with an outstretched blanket. And at the end all the characters had a big party and i think there was a lion there. And on every page there's a hidden rubber duck to find.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33475 comments Mod
The Stephen Cartwright 123 by Philip Hawthorn?

One Amazon reviewer says, "This is a very charming counting book in rhyme form. Wiggy Pig is having a birthday party, and one by one his animal friends arrive to celebrate with him. On each page spread you can count the animals, and if you're more perceptive, see how many other objects you can count as well. For example, on the page for number seven, there are seven animals, seven balloons, seven trees, seven clouds, seven posts, etc. My daughter also likes the fact that each page spread has a hidden rubber duck to look for. The book counts up to number twenty-one..."

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Aoife, can you confirm that Kris's suggestion is your book?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina Cerutti | 1 comments as someone who remembers this vague description of this book I can confirm based off of googling the title alone and seeing that the cover matches what I remember as a kid it is that book. the stephen cartwright 123

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andrealb) | 58 comments Just came here to say that the little yellow duckie was a "trademark" of Stephen Cartwright's - a lot of his books had the cute little duckie hidden away all over the place :-) When I read the title I knew immediately it must be him.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Stephen Cartwright 123 (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Philip Hawthorn (other topics)