What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Quorum
This topic is about The Quorum
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Novel about an evil thing that crawled out of a river and transforms into a powerful tycoon [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Var (new) - rated it 4 stars

Var (varanosh) This book must have been written before 1990 (person who gave it to me to died in 1995)

I'm 35% sure it was written by F. Paul Wilson (same person loved F. Paul Wilson novels, but had more favorite authors)

message 2: by Andy (last edited Nov 02, 2014 05:00AM) (new)

Andy Love | 2077 comments This sounds a lot like "The Quorum" by Kim Newman (or possibly one of his other novels, since the tycoon character (Derek Leech) shows up in other books of his too. But in "The Quorum" Leech does crawl out of a river... The Quorum says "In 1961, Derek Leech emerges fully formed from the polluted Thames, destined to found a global media empire."

message 3: by Var (new) - rated it 4 stars

Var (varanosh) Andy, that's it!!! Now even the name Derek Leech sounds familiar and I had the river Thames in mind but was so unsure about it that I omitted this so not to confuse too much. Was wrong about the publishing date, though. Think I has the period when the story begins in mind.

I really enjoyed this book and sure will re-read it.

Thank you so much for your help!

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2077 comments Glad to help. I liked "The Quorum" too.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Quorum (other topics)