Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > EBook Reissue with New Name

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Baker (carstairs38) | 2 comments One of my favorite authors of all time has rereleased some of her old books from 20 years ago as ebooks. These reissues have different covers and different titles for some of the books.

I've found the original releases in the database, but I'm wondering about the e versions. Should they be added as another edition even though they have a different title? Should they be added as their own title with a note about the original title?

I haven't run in to this before, so how should this be handled?

Thanks,
Mark

message 2: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20228 comments Mark wrote: "One of my favorite authors of all time has rereleased some of her old books from 20 years ago as ebooks. These reissues have different covers and different titles for some of the books.

Should they be added as another edition even though they have a different title? "

Yes, add them as another edition.

From the Librarian Manual:
do combine:
- Different publications of the same book.
- Different formats of the book (hardcover, paperback, audio).
- Editions/translations of the book in other languages. Even though many translations differ significantly, we've made the decision to combine them all, and have people note the differences in their reviews.

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments They should have the title they where first published under in the Orginal Title field at the bottom of the book page.

They should then be combined with the original edition

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Baker (carstairs38) | 2 comments Thank you very much. I didn't remember that from the manual, but it is exactly what I will do.