Not So Young YA Bookclub discussion

Stitching Snow
This topic is about Stitching Snow
Archives > Dec 1st 2014 - Stitching Snow - Guy

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Guy Vestal (new) - added it

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) For the Month of December, we will be starting our fairy tale retold binge with Stitching Snow
Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
Preparing us for Princess of Thorns in the new year.

message 2: by Guy Vestal (new) - added it

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) I saw the reminder email went out. LOL

message 3: by Guy Vestal (new) - added it

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) My copy should be here tomorrow.

message 4: by Guy Vestal (new) - added it

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) Yes, I am lagging here, hush you!

Megan (bubblebuttmegs88) | 205 comments Mod
Guy Vestal wrote: "Yes, I am lagging here, hush you!"

Did you get to finish it? It definitely had a Cinder feel to the story. It reminded me of it in a lot of ways but, it was different enough that I enjoyed it still.

message 6: by Guy Vestal (new) - added it

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) Not yet, I have 8 Daughters, and the holidays brought me to a dead stop. Soon tho!

message 7: by Leigh (new) - added it

Leigh Stuart | 48 comments So how was this book? It's on my to-read list, but I haven't had the time, and I only have 2 kids!!!

Megan (bubblebuttmegs88) | 205 comments Mod
Wow I don't know how you ever get any reading done! I have 2 girls and have to stay up pretty late to be able to read more than a few mins at a time!
Leigh- I really liked it. I don't know if you have read Cinder or not but it has a lot of similarities. Even though that is a retelling of Cinderella and this is of Snow White. Lol. Some re-tellings stick to the original story way more than others. This is one that I could see someone reading with no idea that it is a re-telling and still enjoy.

message 9: by Leigh (new) - added it

Leigh Stuart | 48 comments It sounds good - I'll have to move it towards the top of my list....

message 10: by Guy Vestal (new) - added it

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) I really haven't gotten much reading done for months, it has been a nightmare...

message 11: by Leigh (new) - added it

Leigh Stuart | 48 comments Sorry to hear that! Maybe with the new year, things will settle into a nice comfortable rhythm soon :)

message 12: by Guy Vestal (new) - added it

Guy Vestal  - Counter Culture Critic (DaddyRose) I hope so.