BookInvaders discussion

Let's get to know each other!

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Comment 5 things about yourself so we can fangirl together!

message 2: by Kara (new)

Kara (_karathompson) | 5 comments Mod
hey! im a twin,i love shopping, i like writing poetry, im a freshman in highschool and i love reading:)

message 3: by dailyyydri (new)

dailyyydri (she|they) | 20 comments Mod
Hey I'm Adriana,
I love books
I love reading, obviously!
I love my dog! I want to be a teacher and travel he world!
And I'm super excited for this book club!

message 4: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (kellierosee) | 8 comments Mod
Hi I'm Kellie! Obviously other than reading, I play soccer and dance. I play the piano and I reallyyyy want to travel the world! I also enjoy writing (:

message 5: by dailyyydri (last edited Nov 02, 2014 08:54AM) (new)

Kellie wrote: "Hi I'm Kellie! Obviously other than reading, I play soccer and dance. I play the piano and I reallyyyy want to travel the world! I also enjoy writing (:"
what type of dance do you do?

message 6: by Andreya (new)

Andreya Klobucar (andreyaklobucar) | 2 comments Hi I'm Andreya and I usually just fail at life.

How do you add a picture for your goodreads group it won't let me

message 7: by dailyyydri (new)

Andreya wrote: "Hi I'm Andreya and I usually just fail at life.

How do you add a picture for your goodreads group it won't let me"

You have to go into group settings, remove the current picture and then it'll let you upload a picture.

message 8: by Andreya (new)

Andreya Klobucar (andreyaklobucar) | 2 comments Kara wrote: "hey! im a twin,i love shopping, i like writing poetry, im a freshman in highschool and i love reading:)"

wait what?! you have a twin?

message 9: by Gabriel (new)

Gabriel "Sempere" (sathaz) Heya, my name is Gabriel and my channel is over at http://www.youtube.com/guardingBooks
I am from and live in Portugal, absolutely love books and reading (WOW, REALLY?!), I obsess over the random-est of things like mermaids, any pair of feathery wings and also Mary's outfits in Reign. Favorite books include Yhe Hunger Games, These Broken Stars, Cinder, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, The Shadow of the Wind and the list could basically continue into the void...
Anyway, that's more than 5 things, unless I can't count correctly (which is probably the case) i can't wait to start Bookinvading :P

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Guys I'm Cyann!
besides reading! I play soccer,dance. I really like music! Duh! I'm really obsessed with Bath and Body works. I have an older brother. I mean there is nothing else extraordinary about me! :)

message 12: by Kellie (new)

Adriana wrote: "Kellie wrote: "Hi I'm Kellie! Obviously other than reading, I play soccer and dance. I play the piano and I reallyyyy want to travel the world! I also enjoy writing (:"
what type of dance do you do?"

contemporary, modern, jazz, and lyrical (:

message 13: by dailyyydri (new)

Awesome Kellie, I used to do all of those plus tap!

message 14: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle Barbee | 1 comments Hi, I'm Nicolle. I LOVE writing, reading (of course), wine, cheese, and men (with muscles). :) Thanks for the invite!

message 15: by dailyyydri (new)

Nicolle wrote: "Hi, I'm Nicolle. I LOVE writing, reading (of course), wine, cheese, and men (with muscles). :) Thanks for the invite!"

You go Nicolle!!

message 16: by Gabriel (new)

Gabriel "Sempere" (sathaz) Wow, it's an honor to have you in our group Nicolle :) welcome!

message 17: by Kara (new)

Kara (_karathompson) | 5 comments Mod
Andreya wrote: "Kara wrote: "hey! im a twin,i love shopping, i like writing poetry, im a freshman in highschool and i love reading:)"

wait what?! you have a twin?"

hahaha yes i have a twin brother! i'm one minute older than him though;)

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (BooksAway) | 3 comments Hi! I'm jessica! I'm happy to join :)

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Jude | 8 comments Oops...I guess I never actually introduced myself, so here it goes. Hi everyone! My name is Lauren, I am a competitive Irish dancer, I play the drums, I love to read all the time and I quite enjoy writing.

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (BooksAway) | 3 comments Hi Lauren! Welcome to the group!

message 21: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Jude | 8 comments Thanks!

message 22: by Gabriel (last edited Nov 09, 2014 07:50AM) (new)

Gabriel "Sempere" (sathaz) Welcome, both of you ladies. Very nice of you to join us! :)
PS: Is Irish dancing fun?

message 23: by Kellie (new)

Welcome, Jessica and Lauren! I also love to write (:

message 24: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (BooksAway) | 3 comments Thanks Keller! It's great to be here!

message 25: by dailyyydri (new)

WELCOME TO EVERYONE!!!
SUPER DE DUPER EXCITED!!!
CANT WAIT TO START
HURRY UP DECEMBER!

message 26: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Jude | 8 comments Hey Gabriel, yes, Irish dancing is really, really fun! It's not just Riverdancing lol (if you've ever seen Riverdance). It's actually a very competitive sport. P.S. We can't use our arms when we dance! :)

message 27: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 4 comments Hi I'm Lucy, I love to read and am percy Jackson obsessed... I do karate and I live in the uk. OH! And I'm starting a booktube next year with my best friend.

message 28: by Kellie (new)

Hi, Lucy! Welcome! :D I also love the Percy Jackson series! One of my favorites (: and I used to do karate, what belt are you?

message 29: by Gabriel (new)

Gabriel "Sempere" (sathaz) Lauren wrote: "Hey Gabriel, yes, Irish dancing is really, really fun! It's not just Riverdancing lol (if you've ever seen Riverdance). It's actually a very competitive sport. P.S. We can't use our arms when we da..."
All my family is a big fan of dance in general, although none of us actually dance! Riverdance is one of my mom's favorite, so I've watched it a couple of times :)
Wow, not using your arms while dancing must hard to do! At least at first, when you're not used to doing it!

message 30: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 4 comments Hey Kellie :D I am a purple white belt, which were I live is the one before brown which I'm grading for in December... What about you what belt did you get to? :)

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Jude | 8 comments Hey, Gabriel! Wow, it's really cool that your family is such a big fan of dance! Trust me, though, keeping your arms in while dancing doesn't get easier, even when you're used to it! Lol :D Wow, I can't wait for December to get here so we can all start reading These Broken Stars! You've already read it, right?

message 32: by Gabriel (last edited Nov 11, 2014 09:35AM) (new)

Gabriel "Sempere" (sathaz) Lauren wrote: "Hey, Gabriel! Wow, it's really cool that your family is such a big fan of dance! Trust me, though, keeping your arms in while dancing doesn't get easier, even when you're used to it! Lol :D Wow, I..."

Well, I guess that's the challenge when it comes to that specific dance style :)
Me neither, it's going to be awesome! Yes I have, and I loved it so much that whithin a month of reading it I had alreayd picked it up a second time. It's a glorious book, and written SO well! and it also gives you all the feels so that's a plus!
Really looking forward to the 3rd time around XD

message 33: by Kellie (new)

Hey Lucy! That's really great :D and I finished with my black belt (:

message 34: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 4 comments Hai Kellie, Omg that is amazing :D

message 35: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 4 comments Hai Kellie, Omg that is amazing :D

message 36: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Jude | 8 comments Wow, it must be pretty amazing if you'd read it 3 times! I'm so pumped for December!

message 37: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 4 comments Hi!
~My name's Maggie
~My 2 favourite books are the Book Thief and 13 Reasons Why
~Graphic t-shirts are my favourite thing in the world :)
~I've only been to Chapters 4 times
~ I can speak "Franglais" but I'm only fluent in English (I've taken French class for 8 years and still can't carry a conversation...)

message 38: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Jude | 8 comments Hey Maggie! Welcome to the group! The Book Thief is so amazing- It's one of my favourites too!

message 39: by Gabriel (new)

Gabriel "Sempere" (sathaz) Maggie wrote: "Hi!
~My name's Maggie
~ I can speak "Frangl..."

Welcome Maggie! Je parle aussi un peu de français! I only take it in school though!

Lauren wrote: "Wow, it must be pretty amazing if you'd read it 3 times! I'm so pumped for December!"
Yes, it's amazing!!

message 40: by Kellie (new)

Welcome, Maggie! I'm currently taking French, such a cool language to learn (: and I really want to read 13 Reasons Why

message 41: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 4 comments Lauren wrote: "Hey Maggie! Welcome to the group! The Book Thief is so amazing- It's one of my favourites too!"

Thanks for letting me join! :) Book Thief was one of the first books I read that I could not put down!

message 42: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 4 comments Gabriel wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Hi!
~My name's Maggie
~ I ca..."

Same here, mon classe de francais est en ecole! :)

message 43: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 4 comments Kellie wrote: "Welcome, Maggie! I'm currently taking French, such a cool language to learn (: and I really want to read 13 Reasons Why"

I love 13 Reasons Why, I totally recommend that you do read it! It was funny, I read it around May at school and by the end of the school year I had 5 or 6 of my friends hooked on it!