SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

Monthly Nominations > Dec - Jan Book of the Month (Anything)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
One Nomination per person (2 if you really can't decide).

You can nominate any book you want!

Nominations will be open until the 10th of Nov.

*** Can you host the discussion if your nomination is chosen? ***

To be a discussion Host you are agreeing to:
- read the book you nominated at the beginning of the month, if you haven't already read it.
- start the discussion in both the spoiler and spoiler-free threads by posting your thoughts and a few simple questions for readers to think/talk about
- inform the group if you're unable to host the discussion or will only be reading the book later in the month.

You may also offer to be the Host for someone else's nomination.

Authors and publishers may NOT nominate their own books for monthly discussions. Similarly, no one is permitted to rig the polls by inviting others or creating sockpuppets to join the group and vote for a book/author. Such votes will be disregarded and the book/author in question may be removed from the poll entirely.

Please tell us why you are nominating a certain book/author or why you want to read the book/author.

message 2: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Good Morning, Mr. Mandela A Memoir by Zelda la Grange - I have a signed copy of this book and I have been meaning to read it. - Will host

MaddAddam (MaddAddam Trilogy, #3) by Margaret Atwood - I HAVE to finish this trilogy! Just so damn good! - Will probably host

message 3: by Janice (new)

Janice | 1820 comments Mod
The Hive Construct by Alexander Maskill

It was the winner of the 2013 Terry Pratchett First Novel Award. If Sir Terry approves, I must read it.

http://www.terrypratchettbooks.com/?p...

message 4: by Varla Fiona (new)

Varla Fiona (dory_42) | 1332 comments Mod
Janice wrote: "The Hive Construct by Alexander Maskill

It was the winner of the 2013 Terry Pratchett First Novel Award. If Sir Terry approves, I must read..."

OOO, now I want to read that too!
O

message 5: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12655 comments Mod
Bump

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North

Been wanting to read this since it came out. Saw it on NetGalley (but didn't get approved for a review copy), read a great review by one of my favourite bloggers, and now it's been nominated for a Goodreads Choice Award (Best Science Fiction).