Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Pulse (Chess Team Adventure, #1)
This topic is about Pulse
Group Reads Archive > November 2014 Special Ops Group Read: Pulse by Jeremy Robinson *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 4707 comments Mod
Pulse is our November group read. Looking forward to reading a pulse pounding read this month.

Magiccats | 280 comments Just started it and finding it a very good read. A mystery right at the beginning that pulls you into the book.

message 3: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new) - added it

Lisa P | 1965 comments Mod
I'm on the library waiting list for this one...hope it's not too much longer!

Travis (travistousant) | 362 comments Just started

Magiccats | 280 comments Wow, what a wild ride with the chess team members in this adventure! I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Thanks to all who nominated and voted on this for our group read.

Travis (travistousant) | 362 comments I enjoyed this one, but it lacked something. I ptobably will try the next and see how it goes. This one didn't make me want to commit to the whole series yet.

Justin I enjoyed the second much more than the first in this series

message 8: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M | 6 comments Loved Pulse!
It kept my attention, weird premise but logical.
Couldn't put it down and that made working hard. I kept wanting to find out more.

- M

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 4707 comments Mod
I started this last night. Not far enough in to make any specific comments, but it looks like it will be another good read by this author.

I'm behind on most things because of November being so busy. But I'm steadily reading this and I'm enjoying it a lot. Jeremy Robinson might become a favorite of mine.

message 11: by Dave (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dave Edlund (dedlund) Finished Pulse over the holiday weekend. The final showdown with the hydra was good reading! I agree with M... weird premise, but I thought it worked. Though I still don't get the title.

message 12: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new) - added it

Lisa P | 1965 comments Mod
Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) wrote: "I'm behind on most things because of November being so busy. But I'm steadily reading this and I'm enjoying it a lot. Jeremy Robinson might become a favorite of mine."

I'm still working on this one too...about halfway through...so far, so good!

Travis (travistousant) | 362 comments Not to say I am correct at all here, but my interpretation of the title Pulse was because it was meant to be a pulse pounding story.

Wow, that Ridley is a piece of work. How dare he experiment on people like that and cause so much suffering just because he doesn't want to die...

message 15: by Dave (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dave Edlund (dedlund) Pulse pounding story... I don't know, seems like a weak connection. You maybe right, but I'm looking for a deeper connection.

I finished this last week, but just now was able to comment.

I liked it quite a bite, but I felt the weak spot was the think characterization. I realize this is high-octane action, but I would have liked to see more of the villain's motivations and more of a face-to-face confrontation.

Having said that, I downloaded Callsign - Tripleshot with novellas about Queen, Rook, and Bishop. I'll pick up Callsign - Doubleshot and King's novellas at some point when I can.