Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Group Reads Archive > December 2014 Random Read Group Read Nominations

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (last edited Oct 31, 2014 06:39PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 4693 comments Mod
We are doing a random read theme to close out the year of 2014 for our December group read.

The book can be of any theme that fits into the overall action/adventure genres.

Considerations:

1. All nominations must be added using the 'add book/author' function above the text box (where you post comments or replies) with an official link to the book on Goodreads. If the book is not nominated with a Goodreads link, it will not be added to the poll.

2. Books from past group reads are not eligible for renomination. You can find a list of past reads here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

3. Books should be readily available, in other words, can be bought new in print or in the ebook format.

4. Books must either be the first in an ongoing series or able to be read as a standalone despite being part of a series.

The poll will go up on November 6th.

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 2893 comments Mod
How about "just a standard action adventure"? I Am Pilgrim? I found it a great read...

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 792 comments I didn't see Doha 12 by Lance Charnes, so I'm going to nominate it. Great spy thriller.

message 4: by Evan (new)

Evan Phillips | 9 comments I can't recommend Rex Chase by Tim Wheat enough. It's a great action/adventure book and I noticed today that it is currently on sale on Amazon for 99 cents. That doesn't hurt either!

message 5: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1965 comments Mod
I will recommend FAST: A Military Thriller. Non-stop action from beginning to end!

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin How about Cold City prequel to repairman Jack series.

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 4693 comments Mod
The poll is up. It will close on November 13th.

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I Am Pilgrim won the poll. It will be our last group read of the year. Thanks to everyone who participated in the selection process.

See you on December 1st!