Something Old, Something New discussion

Sharp Objects
This topic is about Sharp Objects
Archived Reads - 2014 > November 2014 - Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Too many books, too little time! (new)

Michelle (shelld79) | 754 comments Mod
Here is the place to discuss Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.

Please be aware there could be spoilers.

Enjoy!

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) WOW. What a cast of eerily, dysfunctional characters.
The mother and younger sister make my skin crawl all through the book. the narrator is flawed and believable and from the beginning her voice pulled me in.
Don't want to say too much and spoil it. Anyone else reading? carol

message 3: by Michelle, Too many books, too little time! (new)

Michelle (shelld79) | 754 comments Mod
I really wanted to get to this one but as per usual I'm behind in my reading due to work. I haven't read any of her books and am really intrigued as to what all the fuss is about.

Becky I read this one a year or so ago & loved it! I liked it much better than Gone girl & the twist at the end was amazing!

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Becky, I agree...liked this much more than Gone Girl. Unlike the characters in Gone Girl, I Found the narrator in Sharp Objects likable even though she is damaged.

message 6: by Todd (new)

Todd | 24 comments I agree with both of you. Her first book, by a country mile, were better than her latter two. Gone Girl was very good, and I enjoyed it a lot while the second book was a yawner for me.

Carol, I felt the same way about the narrator. I guess it resonated with me . . . everyone deals with pain in their lives, some positively some negatively. I felt as if the narrator was . . . I think disarming is the word. Just very open and likable, as you said.

It was a great read!

Carol Brill (goodreadscomuser_carolbrill) Todd wrote: "I agree with both of you. Her first book, by a country mile, were better than her latter two. Gone Girl was very good, and I enjoyed it a lot while the second book was a yawner for me.

Carol, I ..."
Todd, disarming is a great description