WRITERS' CORNER discussion

Random Writing Activities > Add on story

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 01, 2014 11:37AM) (new)

In this we will write a story. Everyone will be able to write a small part of the story at a time. This should be fun!

I'll start...

All Eric wanted was to be normal.

message 2: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments He knew it was hopeless, but he still tried to run from his powers.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

He tried to hide his gift and he promised himself that he would never use it.

message 4: by Rhystlynne (last edited Oct 31, 2014 09:43PM) (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments Unfortunately, the powers insisted on slipping out if control at the worst possible moments.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 31, 2014 09:49PM) (new)

Like now for instance, he was trying to focus on Algebra, but all the thoughts of everyone around him just kept budding in.

((Oh yeah he's telepathic))

message 6: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments He raises his hand and waits to be called on, he has to get away from the pounding thoughts.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

When the teacher finally called on him he could barely get out "Bathroom" before sprinting out of the classroom.

message 8: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments He ran to one of the few stalls to find his thoughts.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Once there he leaned against the wall taking deep breathes forcing the door to his mind shut.

message 10: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments He stiffened when he heard he bathroom door open.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hello"the voice of his best friend Nick called, "are you in here Eric?"

message 12: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments Eric relaxed, but only slightly because although Nick is his only friend, he still doesn't know about Eric's powers.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm here" he called.

message 14: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments Eric slowly comes out of the stall and stands in front of Nick.

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 01, 2014 11:08AM) (new)

Eric looked like a mess with rumpled hair and glasses only half on his face.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

((Did you change your name?))

message 17: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments (yes, Rhystlynne is my pen name...shhh)

message 18: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments "Are you okay?" Nick asks concerned.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

((Ok I changed your folder))

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm fine" Eric replied not looking Nick in the eye.

message 21: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments "Eric...I know you're lying, just like you lie every other time, Tell my the truth!" Nick shoots back immediately.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"Just leave me alone," Eric said trying to push past Nick.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

((I decided that if you wanted to you can write a paragraph or more if you want too. That should make the story go faster.))

message 24: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments (okay)

"No, Eric, I'm your friend, I want to help...tell me what's wrong!" Nick practically yells as he grabs Eric's arm.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

"Don't push me," Eric said while breathing deeply his eyes turning black.

message 26: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments "Hey, w-w-what's wrong with your eyes?" Nick asks stumbling back with fear.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"Just get away from me," Eric said. Then all of the glass and the mirrors in the bathroom broke. Sharp shards flew everywhere. Eric backed up fear in his eyes. Then he ran.

Three years later...

message 28: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments (how old is he now?)

After locking the door to his room, Eric sits down at the table with a blindfold. The pencil in front of him begins drawing on it's own. He knows what the picture is of without even looking. After a half hour, he takes off the blind fold and looks at the extremely vivid sketch of the day he was found. Nick immediately thought he was a demon, and Eric had to tell him that he was a telepath not a demon to keep him as a friend.

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 01, 2014 12:45PM) (new)

((I want to say he is around 17 right now. What do you think?))

After that day he ran. He knew that Nick would never tell anyone his secret, but he couldn't risk giving away his secret to any one else. He hoped that Nick would understand, but he could never go back. Nick hasn't seen him sense that day, but he had seen Nick. Always sticking to the shadows he had watched from a far as Nick grew. He smiled as Nick forgot him.
He lived alone. In the center of New York, he had learned how to use his gift. But after that day he vowed he would never loose control again.

message 30: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments (17 will work nicely. :D)
He gets up from his desk and walks out the door into the middle of a bustling day in New York. He diverts all the minds of the people who see him causing them to forget. He walks to cafe to get a bagel and some hot chocolate. Diverting minds along the way.

message 31: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments (he doesn't go to school. He just gets knowledge from other people)

message 32: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 01, 2014 12:44PM) (new)

((I like this story))
He sips his hot chocolate and sighs.

((I don't know what else to say?))

message 33: by Rhystlynne (last edited Nov 01, 2014 12:49PM) (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments (I like it, too)

He thinks about the past three years and remembers how he ran away from his life the day he was discovered. He remembers diverting the minds of the people who had seen him and had looked for him. Sighing again, he wishes he could be normal for the three millionth time.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Most of all he remembered diverting his moms mind. He had diverted everyone's minds to forget him, but diverting the one person who had always been there for him was the hardest thing he had ever done. A tear fell onto his bagel as he remembered erasing all evidence that he existed from the mind of his mom. But he knew she would be safer that way. Even Nick, who was the only one he hadn't diverted, had forgotten him. His was a lonely life.

message 35: by Rhystlynne (last edited Nov 01, 2014 07:00PM) (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments "Hey, who are you? I see you around here a lot, but nobody I ask knows you." Terrified, he looks up into the molten gold color of a girl's eyes. Her eyes are mesmerizing, they look like two cauldrons of boiling gold, always undulating. Her skin seems to have a grayish hue, instead of pink or yellow like most people. In fact her skin looked like a lighter shade of his skin, he realizes with a start.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Scared that he can't divert her mind, Eric stood up with fear in his eyes and ran.
"Wait" the girl called, and ran after him.

message 37: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments Eric ran out the door and slammed into a guy coming in. They both fall in a heap in the doorway. He diverts his mind and stands up, only to find himself nose to nose with the strange girl. "What's your name?" she asks with a worried look in her eye.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Eric tries again to pus past her only to find the girl blocking his path. "Persistent aren't you" Eric says.

message 39: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments "Only when I'm curious." she replies flashing a cocky grin. "So, answer my questions, I'll answer yours, then you can run away from your problems." she smiles wider. Eric falls into her golden eyes and finds himself nodding. "Good, now let's go back inside and talk over some hot chocolate. It's so cold out here."

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

As Eric walks inside, he shakes his head and tries to clear his thoughts. Why was he following this girl? Even as he thought it he knew he had been brain washed, but she seemed so nice?

message 41: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments "So what's your name?" she asks him after they sit down with their drinks.
"You tell me, you probably already know." Eric answers. She looks surprised at his statement and thinks really hard.
"It's...Henry, isn't it?" she says with a twinkle in her eye.

message 42: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 07, 2014 05:57PM) (new)

((Anyone feel free to add this is not just for me and Rhystlynne))

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

"What," Eric said.

message 44: by Rhystlynne (last edited Nov 10, 2014 03:20PM) (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments "No, my name is...um...Emana" He lies. Emana backwards was the first thing he thought of, so he used it, "What's your name?" he asks although as he searches her mind he finds the name Kylenne.

message 45: by Zippymae (new)

Zippymae | 8 comments Kylenne smiles and says "My names Kylenne. Your like me aren't you"?

message 46: by Rhystlynne (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments "L-like you?...W-what do you m-mean?" Eric stutters out, trying tot act like a normal person.

message 47: by Zippymae (last edited Nov 13, 2014 07:23AM) (new)

Zippymae | 8 comments "I can tell you have the gift." Kylenne says "You do well to hide it from the norms, but well I'm not really normal. I can't get too in depth here though"

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

((never mind what I said just go with the flow))

message 49: by Rhystlynne (last edited Nov 14, 2014 08:55AM) (new)

Rhystlynne (inkbottleburning) | 314 comments (ok)
"If you are so 'gifted', tell me my full name." Eric smirks as he thinks he stumped her.
"That's easy. You name is Eric Dawn Stremn. What an embarrassing middle name." she says.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Eric looked around scared of the girl in front of him. He had never met someone who he couldn't hide from. He didn't know what to do.

« previous 1