The Amish Bride of Ice Mountain (Ice Mountain, #1) The Amish Bride of Ice Mountain discussion

November group read

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Carolyn E What a wonderful story!! I gave it 5-plus stars. It was so refreshing to read about a Bishop, Mary's family members, and other community members who were more flexible in their beliefs, and not so rigid in maintaining the old ways.

I have to thank whoever suggested this book for the November group read. I have not read much by Kelly Long--a couple of novellas, I think. I am looking forward to the next book in this series, An Amish Man of Ice Mountain, which is scheduled for release on April 28, 2015.

Kelly Long Dear Carolyn,
Thank you so much...Yes,the mountain Amish can be more liberal in some ways--not lax--but understanding. Bishop Umble was developed to be a man for whom shunning is not the first or even near last of an answer. Thanks for reading!!
Kelly Long

message 3: by Charlene (last edited Jan 28, 2015 11:19AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlene Kelly wrote: "Dear Carolyn,
Thank you so much...Yes,the mountain Amish can be more liberal in some ways--not lax--but understanding. Bishop Umble was developed to be a man for whom shunning is not the first or e..."

Thanks for your comments about the Mountain Amish community, Kelly. I read your book The Amish Bride of Ice Mountain by Kelly Long last night and was very taken with the story.

message 4: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann Valdez I supposedly won this book through the GoodReads Giveaway. I never received it, so I have not written my review. It looks so good; wish they would have sent it to me.