A-Z Book Club discussion

Suggested Reading > Suggested Titles Starting with A

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Didi (new)

Didi A (prettydoesomebooks) | 10 comments Mod
Post suggestions for books, starting with A to read in November. Please do so until November the 5th, when I will create a poll. If you add the books to the to-read shelf, please tag them as suggested reading and add them to the 'Suggested Reading' book folder. Thank you!

message 3: by Didi (new)

Great suggestions, Victoria, thank you! I hate that I did not think of And the Mountains Echoed at least. Since the poll for this month is already live and about to close in two days, I will add those to the to-read shelf to include when we get to A next time around!

message 4: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Derosa | 5 comments A Troubled Man by Henning Mankell.

message 5: by Didi (new)

Thank you, Deanna! I have added this and it will go in the mix for 'T'. It looks like it's part of a series - is this the best installment?

message 6: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Derosa | 5 comments Has anyone read "The Hitman's Guide to Housecleaning?" If you like dark humor and a mixture of characters from the Balkans and Iceland, try this one. It had me laughing out loud....literally.

message 7: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Derosa | 5 comments Didi wrote: "Thank you, Deanna! I have added this and it will go in the mix for 'T'. It looks like it's part of a series - is this the best installment?"

Thanks Didi. I had the title a bit off. You are right, it begins with a "T." :)

message 8: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Derosa | 5 comments Didi: yes, it is the last part of the Wallander series by Henning Mankell (The Troubled Man). Read this one last if you are a fan of the series.

message 9: by Didi (new)

Deanna wrote: "Has anyone read "The Hitman's Guide to Housecleaning?" If you like dark humor and a mixture of characters from the Balkans and Iceland, try this one. It had me laughing out loud....literally."

This sounds like a definite must read to me, I will look for it :)

message 10: by Didi (new)

Deanna wrote: "Didi: yes, it is the last part of the Wallander series by Henning Mankell (The Troubled Man). Read this one last if you are a fan of the series."

I will make sure to mention the whole series in the poll! Thank you for suggesting this title

message 11: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Derosa | 5 comments Hi Didi: I'm currently reading Prague: A Literary Companion. It's a series of short stories by famous Czech authors. It's a great read for someone who has been to Prague or is planning on going. The color of the city comes through as does the personalities of the Czech people!