The Sword and Laser discussion

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
2014 Reads > DADOES: Aceing the Voight-Kampff test

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Warren (last edited Oct 30, 2014 11:27AM) (new)

Warren | 1556 comments You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it’s crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on it's back. The tortoise lays on it's back, it's belly baking in the hot sun, beating it's legs trying to turn it'self over, but it can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that? -
I'm making soup.
Ya'll not from New Orleans are ya?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
You're watching a stage play - a banquet is in progress. The guests are enjoying an appetizer of raw oysters. The entree consists of boiled dog stuffed with rice. The raw oysters are less acceptable to you than a dish of boiled dog. -
Well the oysters weren't covered in chocolate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Remember-when in doubt answer :
"You mean like recently? What like in the last 12 months?"
--------------------------------------------------------------
Have I retire a human by mistake?
No, it wasn't by mistake.

Ally (leopardqueen) It’s your birthday. Someone gives you a calfskin wallet. How do you react?
-"Thanks, but I would have preferred seal pup mittens"

message 3: by Ken (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ken (kanthr) | 334 comments I'm not an android. I'm just a heartless capitalist.

:)

message 4: by Thane (new)

Thane | 476 comments What kind of dog? Not every breed goes well with rice.

Fresno Bob | 580 comments Thane wrote: "What kind of dog? Not every breed goes well with rice."

depends on the spices

message 6: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 3917 comments The spice must flo-WOOF!

message 7: by Rob Secundus (last edited Oct 31, 2014 12:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob Secundus (quintessential_defenestration) | 1035 comments "I don't like this question, I think really we should be talking about ethics in games journalism." Or "that's misandrist! Not all men hate oysters!"

Because total irrationality is the best way to prove that you're human.

message 8: by Darren (new)

Darren Boshintang.

message 9: by Warren (last edited Nov 04, 2014 10:23AM) (new)

Warren | 1556 comments Darren wrote: "Boshintang."
;-}
I'm not saying that was kegogi, but:
http://www.lsxtra.co.uk/images/cookie...
----------------------------------------------------But serious folks. Your grandparent ate things that you would think are gross. Half the things on a medieval menu are now socially unacceptable.
Even today there are otherwise normal people who eat spam.

message 10: by Darren (new)

Darren I eat spam. Kimchi chiggae just isn't the same without spam.

Derek (raistlinsghost) | 81 comments "You're sitting watching TV, and suddenly discover a wasp crawling on your arm. What do you do?"

- Jump up off the couch screaming like a 3 year old and run around randomly waving my arms in the air.

Do I pass?

message 12: by Ally (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ally (leopardqueen) Derek wrote: ""You're sitting watching TV, and suddenly discover a wasp crawling on your arm. What do you do?"

- Jump up off the couch screaming like a 3 year old and run around randomly waving my arms in the a..."

You pass as long as that angry wasp does not seek revenge and take it out on ME!!

artofstu | 139 comments I've seen Blade Runner so many times, and I never understood Rachael's answers to the Voigt-Kampff until I started reading this book.

message 14: by Warren (new)

Warren | 1556 comments artofstu wrote: "I've seen Blade Runner so many times, and I never understood Rachael's answers to the Voigt-Kampff until I started reading this book."
Agree- Many of the questions were only valid in a cultural context-
In a society where all animals reveredred
the idea of killing one would be abhorrent.
hence a reaction on the VK test.
The book makes that clear, the movie didn’t.

PS- It all taste like chicken.