Wattpad discussion

Books and more > Isn't it really hard to get attention on Wattpad?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

One thing I don't get, is how all the bad-grammar story gets featured and the good ones are neglected. Its sad.
http://www.wattpad.com/mystories

message 2: by Neil (new)

Neil Bursnoll | 4 comments Surely that's the same as selling your book through the normal channels!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not a published author xD

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (daqueenbee) | 2 comments For me it's not about the grammatical errors, but about the content of the story. You also need to be proactive and promote your own story. I've seen on wattpad where the authors promote each stories in author notes etc...

message 5: by Hamida (new)

Hamida (zerondale) | 4 comments Yup, really hard! I just go on my socal network site and share my story and tell people I'm on WattPad.
My wattpad:_Hamiida

message 6: by Cozen (new)

Cozen | 24 comments I love the site (most of the time). What I don't get is their search engine. It is horrible to find any book regardless if you have it exactly as it is spelled or the author. You get a million hits that include everything but that title.

I also noticed that since these un-needed upgrade/updates, I can't even get on the list for "What's New" list. It use to be that I could see my story (although rather briefly) for a day on that list when ever I submitted a new part. Now, I can't find it despite that fact it is PG-13, and with any of the tags it currently is listed under. I literally have to go looking for a needle in a haystack just to find it though the website and not through the app.

I don't know what is currently the issue, especially with all the unnecessary upgrades that get ride of the options I like and still do not fix what is broken (like the search engine).

Heaven forbid I want to read anything from Adult group, since I am older then the interest of the "Coming Of Age" or "YA" genre. Finding R rated stuff, you have to know someone, who knows someone, who has those titles in their library where you can then add them to your list.

message 7: by James (new)

James Elliot Leighton (midniteblue) | 1 comments Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷTɪɴᴀᴛʜ Zᴀᴇʙᴀ~Ƭнєяє'ѕ α Ɩιgнт, тнєяє'ѕ α ѕυη ~ wrote: "One thing I don't get, is how all the bad-grammar story gets featured and the good ones are neglected. Its sad.
http://www.wattpad.com/mystories"

Perhaps it is because Grammar has little to do with the story. It is nice when a writer can tell a good story and do it in an grammatically perfect way, but if you separate them, a good story will ALWAYS beat a dull book with perfect grammar. Many of the top NYT best selling authors have atrocious grammar.

message 8: by Farzana (new)

Farzana (username_awwthentic) | 9 comments Hi,

I have a wattpad magazine titled "AWWTHENTIC MAGAZINE" where I take free Interviews and give shout-outs to help promote wattpad authors and books.

Link : http://www.wattpad.com/story/21947611...

message 9: by Nirvana (new)

Nirvana | 4 comments Hey guys, so if you PM me or comment, I will return the favour and read yours :')) I've written a dystopia called Rendered here:

http://www.wattpad.com/story/28999943...

description

The blurb:

In the world of the Cassiopeia, there is no dancing. There is no music. There is no religion. Art. Freedom. there are only the Skyscrapers, a hundred stories tall, capable of keeping its citizens alive with modified food.

Wren is one of the Rendered, a species of humans that had always been different. Stronger, better. She always knew she was different, but she never knew how until the night everything changed.

Finn has lived his whole life believing that the Cassiopeia was actually doing the world a greater good. Doing everything that the Council bid him. But he always had the sense that something was wrong.

And little did he know that he was right.

message 10: by Cozen (new)

Cozen | 24 comments Nirvana wrote: "Hey guys, so if you PM me or comment, I will return the favour and read yours :')) I've written a dystopia called Rendered here:

The blurb:

In ..."

One thing... The cover looks awesome.

message 11: by Mara (new)

Mara (marazhr) | 9 comments hey i just started posting a story called love letters on the wall, vote/read/comment and i'll do the same x
http://www.wattpad.com/starqazzing
hey guys! i have a story called Love Letters On The Wall and would love if you check it out. this is my first time writing and some feedback would be nice :) i'll return and likes/comments if you do the same :) pm me saying you found me on goodreads (user: starqazzing)

message 12: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments Hey guys sorry if I scare you but do you know most of wattpad's work is illegally being transfered to a foreign website?

message 13: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments what website

message 14: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments some vietnameese website
they have copied all of wattpad's stories onto it

message 15: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments 3+oh thats awewkward

message 16: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 4 comments Does the author's name still appear?

message 17: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments i asmed on yahoo what to do and tis was my first response

"If your book is copyrighted it is technically illegal to take someone else's work and claim it as your own. If someone does that with your book, call them out on it,
Or make it seem like a bad book so they won't wanna steal it."

message 18: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 4 comments Well, i guess i'll just put a lebel on it and tell people to never screw with my freaking work!!!!!

message 19: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments lol

message 20: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments Arbaaz wrote: "Does the author's name still appear?"

yes it does
do you wanna check the site for yourselves?
I dont advice it cause it has a virus but you can if u want to

message 21: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments Abigail wrote: "i asmed on yahoo what to do and tis was my first response

"If your book is copyrighted it is technically illegal to take someone else's work and claim it as your own. If someone does that with yo..."

well the book is copyrighted but the point is is that all of them are up there without any of our consents

message 22: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments Nadia wrote: "Abigail wrote: "i asmed on yahoo what to do and tis was my first response

"If your book is copyrighted it is technically illegal to take someone else's work and claim it as your own. If someone..."

i got 2 other replys

"Well, if you don't use spell check I don't think they'd be interested in your work.

Did you verify that this story was even real? What did the original writers loose? They posted their stuff up online for free, it's not like they lost money here."

"I would just take your stories down. It's most likely illegal since Wattpad stories are copyrighted, but just to be safe, check the sites if you can and contact them if they have your stories."

message 23: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments okay listen up I know it is true because I have seen all of my stories up there myself.If u want me to check for yours,I can since it is a virus.I just need your wattpad username.
I mean I would contact the site but it is in vietnameese,has no phone number,and just seems creepy.
Therewas a whole discussion on wattpad about this
http://www.wattpad.com/forums/discuss...

message 24: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments omg

message 25: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments yup

message 26: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments want me to check for urs?

message 27: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments ok

message 28: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments k
i need ur username to find them

message 29: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments comasgirl i checked but it wasn't there

message 30: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments where did you check

message 31: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments are your stories mature?Because if they are,they aren't gonna be up there
mine used to be,but i took them off

message 32: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments AnnaTodd's After is up there ughhh
http://zinghay.mobi/tieu-thuyet/story...
Btw you aren't up there.Thank god.

message 33: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 4 comments If they put my name there, then i have no problem whatsoever. Although i would really like to see how people are responding to it, but i can't.

message 34: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments April wrote: "Taking them OFF Wattpad is possibly the worst possible thing to do after your work has been stolen because your work would obviously have been uploaded first. By taking it off Wattpad people are ju..."

the site deletes it everytime u delete it on wattpad
it copies every move you make
IF YOUR WORK IS UP THERE MAKE ALLYOUR STORIES MATURE.THEN IT REMOVES TTHEM OFF THE SITE.IT WORKS

message 35: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments anyway my new novel is out!
http://www.wattpad.com/story/41039177...

message 36: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments i searched my username and i only heave one story if that may be i haven't published it

message 37: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments ok
its good u know now

message 38: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments :)

message 39: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments published mine and its there

message 40: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments Oh :(

message 41: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments yeah i commented on the website angrily

message 42: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments Good.They deserve that.Badly.

message 43: by Nadia (new)

Nadia  | 31 comments ;)

message 44: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments Lol

BlackStar103 {Lost Track How Many Coffins I've Bu} (blackstarytc) | 4 comments Cozen wrote: "Nirvana wrote: "Hey guys, so if you PM me or comment, I will return the favour and read yours :')) I've written a dystopia called Rendered here:

..."

yes it does

message 46: by iWroteToday (new)

iWroteToday | 7 comments Yes. It's near impossible nowadays.

I have a little over 27,000 reads on the story I co-write with my boyfriend Jun. What a lot of people don't know, is that 25,000 of those reads accumulated about 2 years ago. In the last 2 years, we've gained a little over 2,000 more reads.

You may be wondering how the heck that happened. Well, when the clubs banned Read4Reads and Comment4Comments our numbers dropped pretty drastically.

We made friends through our r4rs and c4cs, but wattpad felt like the clubs were swamped with those types of threads.

Since there's only one 'share your story' thread currently at the top of each club, stories don't get noticed there anymore. People just go there to advertise their own story, not look for stories to read. It's a shame.

Unlike a lot of wattpadders, Jun and I don't write to get a million reads or be #1 at the top of the What's Hot? list. We started writing our story as joke, for goodness sake! It was for fun.

But now with no one besides us to really care about our story, or anyone else's for that matter, it's kinda sad.

message 47: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments Lol I would like to read it

message 48: by iWroteToday (new)

iWroteToday | 7 comments Abigail wrote: "Lol I would like to read it"

Well then, you Miss Abigail, are awesome.

message 49: by Abigail (new)

Abigail   (rose_way) | 31 comments :) thats me and people call me rose on here

message 50: by Tiffani (new)

Tiffani Martin | 2 comments I find it upsetting that they limit self-promotion. I understand that they're trying to cut down on the excessive spam but you can only post once and then they clean the thread at the end of the week? You can't even post your story in other groups if it's not labeled as that genre. Tags are excluded even if your vampire novel is fantasy. I've even seen popular Wattpad authors trying to help unknown authors getting their threads taken down because it goes against the rules. It's absolutely ridiculous!

« previous 1