The Death Cure (The Maze Runner, #3) The Death Cure discussion

Would you like a continuation after the death cure?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nicay I ask this because I want to have another book to be write by James Dashner which can explain the questions running in my head after I read the Death Cure.

message 2: by Julia (new) - added it

Julia I don't think a continuation is needed, for two reasons. I think that's the whole point, to make us keep thinking, not only for publicity, but just to have us still thinking about it. That's what makes a good book. Secondly, that's pretty much the ending, and basically it is said that they live happily ever after where the Flare won't spread to the future generations that will eventually inhabit the Earth.
But, if you are still in the mood for more reading about The Maze Runner series, James Dashner has promised us another book called The Fever Code to satisfy our questions about Thomas, Teresa and the others before the Maze trials. You can look it up if you life ;)

Emma No. I am satisfied with the ending. And we may learn more in The Fever Code.

Nicay I am also satisfied with the series and the ending of the the story.

Ilana i don't know that another book is necessary in this series. For a few reasons that may not have everyone agreeing.

1) i think that the ending is exactly what we expected (or at least what i did) - it gave us a sense of closure as to what was going to happen to the immunes - and i think that there's really no reason to continue on with the same story

2) personally - the series was REALLY hard for me to get through. While The Maze Runner was GREAT - i read that one really quickly, The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure just took me way too long to read and i don't think that i can put my finger on exactly what was so different. That being said, i don't know that i'd even be all that enthused to read another installment of the series if it came about.

i know that there's The Kill Zone which i have in my library right now but i haven't motivated myself to read it yet, and don't know if/when that will happen.

Emma It's Kill Order. If you didn't like this series I do not recommend it.

Quinn actually the prequel is The Kill Order. And I demand more for a sequel to the prequel than to the third book because I think it's good enough

Jessany Alaine I think there definitely needs to be a sequel to death cure. So much is left unanswered like where are they, what does, "it's a good start" mean, is earth doomed now, how did minho react to newts death, how is Thomas handling Teresa's death, etc?

message 9: by Kay (new)

Kay Jessany wrote: "I think there definitely needs to be a sequel to death cure. So much is left unanswered like where are they, what does, "it's a good start" mean, is earth doomed now, how did minho react to newts d..."

Agreed - though I understand why many people say that the series ended well - I do think that there is room to explore the aftereffects of their travails. It really was a mad dash to the end and if the story were to go on then I would be interested to see where it would go.

Though the Fever Code is an interesting concept, I don't think I care very much about what happened before the Maze trials given that we already know the end. I am more unsettled by the fact that I don't know for sure if they found the peace they were always looking for...

Kelly Brigid ♡ I was perfectly satisfied with the ending, so no, I would not want a sequel to The Death Cure. I am looking forward to the prequel, The Fever Code, though.

Hannah Lee Yes! I really want Thomas to get his memories back, and I want to know if a cure is ever found or if they have to start life over again themselves.