♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Out Of Subject > I don't know whether to be offended or not by this.

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So my mom and her boyfriend were talking the other night about how they wanted candy and the two of them turned to me and this is what the conversation turned into.. smh

Steve(mom's boyfriend) Ashlee can go trick or treating!
Me: I'm 22, that might look a little creepy.
Mom:Your short enough you could pass as a 12 year old, here I found your costume from when you were 14.
Steve: Hey there ya go Ash, go get us some candy.
Me: .....

True story

message 2: by Sorcha (new)

Sorcha (sorzoc) Ashlee wrote: "So my mom and her boyfriend were talking the other night about how they wanted candy and the two of them turned to me and this is what the conversation turned into.. smh

Steve(mom's boyfriend) Ash..."

hahaha. Thats funny....I guess your going trick or treating then :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

lol no I'm not haha although my mom seems to think I am.

message 4: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments I wouldn't be offended. Think of it this way, when you're 30 you'll still look 22 (or less!), so looking 8 years younger than you are will come in handy later in life :) But I still don't think I'd go trick-or-treating as a 22yo LOL

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol right! I work at a nursing home and I have so many people ask me if this is an after school job and what I'm doing after H.S lol and I'm just like um...

message 6: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Ha!! You've got fountain-of-youth genes :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol it's something

message 8: by Mara (new)

Mara (maraanne) | 832 comments lol Everyone still thinks my near 30-year-old sister is sixteen. I would be more offended that they were going to use you to get candy. ;)

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashielizz) Wow, that's too funny. I had a friend once that was so short she could've passed as a 12 year old and she's in her 30s now.

message 10: by George (new)

George Lightgood | 21 comments True story. Last July, my wife and I were staying at a chain hotel in the states. It was about 10pm and in the room directly above us there were several little kids making a lot of noise. It sounded like they were running relay races in ski boots, so yours truly goes upstairs and knocks.

A girl that looked like she was, maybe, in middle school answered the door. I asked if her mom and dad were there to which she replied, "No, it's just my kids and I..."

Imagine my surprise. At least they were quiet afterwards.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

lmfao! That is hilarious, George!

@Kara, See that's what I'm talking about. lol. I don't think it would have lasted long though someone probably would have told me no or something if I had tried.

@Ashley, yeah thats pretty common now there's a girl at my work like that I thought she was maybe 20 but nope she's in her 40's or 50's!

@Mara, yeah that's what I'm saying. They just want to use me for candy lol

message 12: by Mia (new)

Mia (mblackwelder) | 4 comments This used to happen to me all the time before I got married and had kids. When I graduated high school, my mom and I bought some class of 2001 stickers and thee random stuff and the cashier said, "congratulations on graduating from 8th grade sweetie." And once I was through a year of college I went to the bank with my dad so he could give me some checks my grandpa had mailed me, and the teller offered me a sucker and talked to me in a baby voice until I told her how old I was. And after my second year of college I got offered a kids menu at red robin when I went out with my grandma and mom. It used to bother me, but now that I'm older I'm glad I look so much younger than I am. It'll always make me feel better about myself.

message 13: by Mia (new)

Mia (mblackwelder) | 4 comments This used to happen to me all the time before I got married and had kids. When I graduated high school, my mom and I bought some class of 2001 stickers and thee random stuff and the cashier said, "congratulations on graduating from 8th grade sweetie." And once I was through a year of college I went to the bank with my dad so he could give me some checks my grandpa had mailed me, and the teller offered me a sucker and talked to me in a baby voice until I told her how old I was. And after my second year of college I got offered a kids menu at red robin when I went out with my grandma and mom. It used to bother me, but now that I'm older I'm glad I look so much younger than I am. It'll always make me feel better about myself.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

lol wow that's funny!

message 15: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Ha! Great stories!!

message 16: by Shari (new)

Shari Ryan (shariryan) I felt like you for the longest time. Now at 32, I'd be jumping for joy if someone said I looked like I was 12 :). However, I hated when people told me I'd appreciate looking young when I got older haha.