The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) The 5th Wave discussion

Am i the ONLY one who disliked this book???!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aria C I really did not like this book. i didn't even finish it. The main character kind of annoyed me at times and the side characters were also annoying. the only person i tolerated was her little brother, and he doesn't even show up in most of the book. I feel like i am the only one who feels this way. is anybody out there. (NO HATE PLEASE. this was simply just not my type of book. it is a well written book, though)

message 2: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe I disagree, but at first I was confused about what was happening. After I kept going I LOVED The 5th Wave.

message 3: by Wely (new) - rated it 1 star

Wely Sabalilag No, I'm really disgusted with it too. I felt like vomitting when I was about 75% through the book. I wonder how it ever got passed for quality assurance? It's so cheap, and an obvious tween-bait, and nothing more than a money-milking venture of that NOOB author Rick Yancey, who I think despite his credentials seem utterly ignorant of how to properly write a book.

Aria C Wely wrote: "No, I'm really disgusted with it too. I felt like vomitting when I was about 75% through the book. I wonder how it ever got passed for quality assurance? It's so cheap, and an obvious tween-bait, a..."

THANK GOD!!!! i really thought i was the only one. I agree with you 100%.

janet i liked this book.

Richard I really was not a big fan of it. I often found the book a tad bit uninteresting and wasn't really sure what was really going on throughout the whole book.

Zebulon Hawkins I liked it but didn't at the same time. Overall plot and writing was amazing. The aliens are portrayed normally but are more or less beings. I got really confused about who I was reading about and who was narrating. The book was in my opinion too long. I barely finished it.

Ariana Rodriguez I was totally against this book halfway through and refused to go on but i heard so many good things i pushed myself to finish it and absolutely FELL IN LOVE WITH IT i suggest maybe just reading little bit a day and maybe youll enjoy it

message 9: by Tina J (last edited Nov 22, 2014 06:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina J I actually loved this book from the get go.
I have to kind of disagree with the tween-bait comment.
I'm almost 27, married and have 3 kids and I know I'm not the only one I know (of my age) that likes it.

You have to remember that people have different tastes in books and that it's ok to not like something that everyone else apparently loves.

Hotturkey It was great in the beginning, but all that stuff about the girl drooling over that Evan kid, talking about how cute his butt was, made me want to puke. Started out promising, but turned sour quickly.

Katie I liked the 5th wave, its the 2nd book that kind of confused me.

Maeve I REALLY DIDNT LIKE IT OR UNDERSTAND IT

message 13: by ✨Selena Yukino✨ (last edited Nov 29, 2014 04:26PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

✨Selena Yukino✨ I don't know about anyone else, but I found everything, and everyone rather immature, and cliche. When I first read the first chapter I knew I was going to hate it. "ALIENS ARE STUPID" *head-desk* Then, my hate turned into loathing. I thought it couldn't get worse, how wrong I was. I'm surprised as hell she survived these waves, seeing how fucking stupid she was. I feel like Rick knows absolute shit about how teenagers talk, or interact with each other. So therefore, 1 fucking star.

AbigailDenyse01 right now I have taylor swifts shake it off lopping over and over in my head.

...haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...

message 15: by Aria (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aria C Selena wrote: "I don't know about anyone else, but I found everything, and everyone rather immature, and cliche. When I first read the first chapter I knew I was going to hate it. "ALIENS ARE STUPID" *head-desk* ..."
i agree.

Nathan Dunahoo I really didn't like this book, because it was so confusing, and the aliens don't make any sense.

message 17: by Sean (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sean Figuray Bes BOOK!! How coud you dislike it! Second book even better and waiting on the third!

Richard Lauz I found this book to be good. Plotwise and etc. The beginning is a little confusing at first but as you progress through it, the story develops smoothly and easily.

message 19: by Dima (last edited Dec 07, 2014 06:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dima Melamud It started out fantastic IMO. Unfortunately, it went downhill from there. Could have been a fascinating, intelligent story blending alien invasion and first contact with an immersive and realistic post-apocalytic theme... instead the author felt the need to go into teenage romance and lol child soldiers... sigh...

Oh yeah, and the twists were obvious.

MMMTP yup at starting its a bit confusing and even the part about his brother is kind a long but the characters were needed to be introduced the only thing is we read there story to at the same time i would have preferred a different book for his brothers training