Aussie Readers discussion

Archives > How many books have you read this year

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Holly (new)

Holly Wood | 25 comments Hi, I'm doing a maths assignment and I need to collect data about reading. I have already done the first section which is asking people what their favourite genres are.

The new question I need answered is "How many books have you read this year (so far)?"

It will be really helpful if you could answer before tommorow at 2:30pm which is when I'll probably need it for my maths lesson.

message 2: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 7970 comments 136 so far.

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 4577 comments 96 so far.

message 4: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer How do you find the statistics for how many books you've read so far?

message 5: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8167 comments 180 so far

message 6: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 7970 comments Zara wrote: "How do you find the statistics for how many books you've read so far?"

Zara, if you go to My Books and click on Stats on the top bar it will show how many you've read by year.

message 7: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Carolyn wrote: "Zara wrote: "How do you find the statistics for how many books you've read so far?"

Zara, if you go to My Books and click on Stats on the top bar it will show how many you've read by year."

Thanks Carolyn. I just couldn't remember where I needed to go to find the info. I use it so infrequently.

Thanks again.

message 8: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer 84 books so far.

message 9: by Jülie ☼♄  (last edited Oct 28, 2014 11:30PM) (new)

Jülie ☼♄  | 6275 comments 63 so far, counting the one I am just about to finish.

message 10: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments 28 books

message 11: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Phrynne | 11356 comments Mod
216 so far this year.

message 12: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 3153 comments 44 for me Holly ;)

message 13: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 7970 comments Zara wrote: "Carolyn wrote: "Zara wrote: "How do you find the statistics for how many books you've read so far?"

Zara, if you go to My Books and click on Stats on the top bar it will show how many you've read ..."

No worries Zara! I'd just worked it out again myself :)

message 14: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 3496 comments I'm at 113 so far.

message 15: by Holly (new)

Holly Wood | 25 comments Wow, everyone has read so many books. I thought I'd read quite a few and I'm only just about to finish my 57th. I never get to read as much as I would like to because of school assignments.

Again, thanks to everyone who is commenting and sharing on this link. :)

message 16: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela (hey it's gabs) (heyitsgabs) 23

message 17: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 69445 comments Mod
240 as at last night:)

message 18: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1616 comments 40 for me

message 19: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (cloggiedownunder) | 8167 comments Brenda wrote: "240 as at last night:)"

yes and for you, these numbers change pretty quickly!!

message 20: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 7970 comments Holly wrote: "Wow, everyone has read so many books. I thought I'd read quite a few and I'm only just about to finish my 57th. I never get to read as much as I would like to because of school assignments.

Again,..."

57 books is a lot when you're still at school and have homework to do! I'd say you read a lot for a teenager.

message 21: by Holly (new)

Holly Wood | 25 comments Thank You Carolyn. It is hard to balance how much I read with still fitting in my studies but its worth filling up every spare minute with a book in my hands.

message 22: by Alik (new)

Alik 197 but 27 of those were "did not finish" because they were rubbish. I didn't realise how many of those there were! So officially from start to finish 170 books.

message 23: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Marianne wrote: "Brenda wrote: "240 as at last night:)"

yes and for you, these numbers change pretty quickly!!"

True! lol

message 24: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Holly wrote: "Thank You Carolyn. It is hard to balance how much I read with still fitting in my studies but its worth filling up every spare minute with a book in my hands."

You read a lot more if you count your school books! I'm glad I don't have to read them any more!

message 25: by ZaraS (new)

ZaraS  *book reviewer Holly wrote: "Wow, everyone has read so many books. I thought I'd read quite a few and I'm only just about to finish my 57th. I never get to read as much as I would like to because of school assignments.

Again,..."

I can sympathise with you Holly. When I was at University the only books I read were for study purposes. This didn't change until my last year when I did a unit that required me to read a diverse range of books and genres. I was in heaven with that subject!! LOL

message 26: by Veronica ⭐️ (new)

Veronica ⭐️ | 2249 comments 72 books for me

message 27: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 Putting on my 'mother hat' here. You shouldn't wait until the last minute to do your homework - bad Holly! :)

Actually I went back to finish off High School then did a Uni degree as a mature age student - our oldest daughter was doing it at the same time. Use to drive her nuts because I had all my assignments handed in and was usually sitting in the lounge room reading a book as she panicked in her bedroom as it was due the next day and she hadn't started!! She use to describe me as smug!!

anyhow..

I have read 133 so far this year

message 28: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Great story Sally!

message 29: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 Smug was an apt description. Mind you hubby was doing his Science Degree at the same time so there were 3 of us doing it - hubby and I worked full time as well and we managed/had to be organised. Daughter did nothing but attend classes and was always behind.

We all survived and all passed in the end :)

message 30: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

The benefit of experience plus the old saying about the busiest people are the most organised (or words to that effect) is true:)

message 31: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaelswensson) | 10592 comments So far i have read 43 books this year.

message 32: by Janine (new)

Janine (janineor) | 1456 comments 184

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments Not enough :(

message 34: by Holly (new)

Holly Wood | 25 comments Laura wrote: "Not enough :("

Do you have a specific number of books you have read? It's just that the data has to be in a numerical form.

If you don't know that is fine though.

message 35: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

How's the assignment going Holly?

message 36: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments Ah, sorry. 35

message 37: by Holly (new)

Holly Wood | 25 comments Brenda wrote: "How's the assignment going Holly?"

It's going alright so far, I still need to collect more data on how many books people have read this year.

message 38: by Holly (new)

Holly Wood | 25 comments Laura wrote: "Ah, sorry. 35"

Thats ok, thank you for your answer. :)

message 39: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Holly wrote: "Brenda wrote: "How's the assignment going Holly?"

It's going alright so far, I still need to collect more data on how many books people have read this year."

OK here's a way which might help you get more answers. Go to the profile of members of this group - (click on "members" on the right hand side of the group's home page, then you'll get a long list of members. Click on their name which will take you to their profile.) Then under their profile picture on the left hand side you'll see a certain amount of ratings, reviews etc. (If there's nothing there, choose someone else) Click on the "..ratings" link which will take you to that person's books. Then click on "stats" at the top of the page and it'll list the books that person has read, with 2014 on the top. Again, if they haven't recorded anything read this year, choose another...

message 40: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 3153 comments Great idea Brenda and you've got a way with explaining well :)

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 33 comments Only 20 for me so far this year. Much like Laura "not enough"

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I'm at 211. And its still not enough! There are simply type many books being published and I want to read them all. I expect if I was at 500 I would still be disappointed.

message 43: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Suzanne wrote: "Great idea Brenda and you've got a way with explaining well :)"

Thanks!

Liam || Books 'n Beards (madbird) 42 so far.

message 45: by Leonie (new)

Leonie (leonierogers) | 3161 comments But don't click on mine - I don't list all my books, so it's very inaccurate :)

message 46: by Mary (last edited Oct 29, 2014 11:05PM) (new)

Mary (bookworm60) | 297 comments I certainly don't list all mine. I really didn't realise it would make anyone's life harder though. Sorry Holly. I've read a couple of hundred books this year (not counting work and study) and would don't bother recording some of them or, if I haven't been on the site for a while I just hit read so Goodreads has no idea that I have read it this year. And I don't count rereads even though I get a lot of satisfaction out of them. Am I supposed to? I can have a go at fixing it before your deadline so the stats are a BIT more accurate though. MODERATORS (call out not angry yelling) can I do that with Read Books?

message 47: by Mary (new)

Mary (bookworm60) | 297 comments Sarah wrote: "I'm at 211. And its still not enough! There are simply type many books being published and I want to read them all. I expect if I was at 500 I would still be disappointed."

So true! One reason I gave up! My addiction is severe enough as it is without adding perfectionism and competition into the mix!

message 48: by Odette (new)

Odette (odman) | 942 comments 62 so far this year.

message 49: by Holly (new)

Holly Wood | 25 comments I have another whole day to collect more data so whenever you have time and if you haven't answered please do so.

Tell your friends if you'd like, spread the word. If you see how much you've read and think you haven't read enough make yourself a new goal to read more. :)

Thanks to everyone!!! :)

message 50: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Holly wrote: "I have another whole day to collect more data so whenever you have time and if you haven't answered please do so.

Tell your friends if you'd like, spread the word. If you see how much you've read ..."

Did you do what I suggested above Holly?

« previous 1