The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

In the Press, Blogs, and Sites > HOW TO GROW YOUR TBR STACK

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (sunny1) | 49 comments I did a whole blog on how and where to find contests for free books. Check it out. If you know of more give-aways, post in the comments.

http://cncbooksblog.wordpress.com/201...

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* (sandyj21) | 3996 comments I have the other problem Sunny - mine grows too fast!!!
8:D

message 3: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (sunny1) | 49 comments It's a great "problem," isn't it Sandra! I remember not having any books growing up and now my house is overrun. However, I find all sorts of outlets to share the wealth. My favorite is the local VA Hospital (I'm a vet).

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* (sandyj21) | 3996 comments We have three charity shops in town (we are a small town) and so I tend to share mine around after they have done the rounds of my friends/fellow reading enthusiasts!

message 5: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (sunny1) | 49 comments That's great! And all the more reason to try for some of those freebies!

Books should definitely have a forever "shelf life."

message 6: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) How to grow my what??? Hey, I thought this was a family website!

message 7: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (sunny1) | 49 comments Funny, Feliks! Your To Be Read stack. You know, all those books you keep saying you'll read next until even more are acquired. Amazingly enough, some people are just starting on their collecting. Those days seem so far away. . . .

message 8: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (sunny1) | 49 comments Sandra wrote: "We have three charity shops in town (we are a small town) and so I tend to share mine around after they have done the rounds of my friends/fellow reading enthusiasts!"

Hate to break the latest, but here goes: Spotlighted this week in Coming Attractions are authors Tina Whittle, JJ & Bette Lamb, Jeffrey Siger and Mark Troy. Giving away books by RE McDonald, June Gillam and Peg Brantly. 
http://kingsriverlife.com/11/01/comin...

message 9: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (sunny1) | 49 comments Feliks wrote: "How to grow my what??? Hey, I thought this was a family website!"

Feliks, here's the latest give-aways:
Spotlighted this week in Coming Attractions are authors Tina Whittle, JJ & Bette Lamb, Jeffrey Siger and Mark Troy. Giving away books by RE McDonald, June Gillam and Peg Brantly. 
http://kingsriverlife.com/11/01/comin...

message 10: by Feliks (last edited Nov 02, 2014 11:07AM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) Hee hee. Always an imp and a prankster. Thx for the info. I'm strictly a 'classics-reader' so giveaways are one feature of the modern book market which rarely do me any good.

But the enthusiasm y'all have for these promos is certainly lively entertainment.

message 11: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (sunny1) | 49 comments Feliks wrote: "Hee hee. Always an imp and a prankster. Thx for the info. I'm strictly a 'classics-reader' so giveaways are one feature of the modern book market which rarely do me any good.

But the enthusiasm y..."

Just helping the economy. Books are luxury items and, as an author, I want people to have a chance to have books in their hands. Free is good.