Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Wake for Me (Life or Death, #1)
This topic is about Wake for Me
Book Issues > Book Desciption states title no longer available but it is

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karen (karenburkhart) | 8 comments In the description it no longer summarizes the book. It states this book is no longer available but it is. I just got it off of Amazon??? Wasn't sure if I should add description back in so I thought I would post here for opinions

message 2: by Tytti (new)

Tytti | 163 comments Yes, do add the description. It doesn't matter if it's no longer available because people still can have it.

message 3: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon (jonp) | 146 comments Checking the Librarian log this was done by the author? Not sure what was intended, but Even if it is unavailable, that should be added to the top of the description, not as a replacement of it.

message 4: by Abcdarian (last edited Oct 28, 2014 05:25PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments I agree. I see all editions have had this change made; that's just weird. I don't think current availability should matter at all. We are not a sales site.

message 5: by Jonathon (new)

Jonathon (jonp) | 146 comments BTW, rather than adding the description again, you should go the the librarian log and revert the last change for each edition and add a librarian note as to why

message 6: by Tytti (new)

Tytti | 163 comments Abcdarian wrote: "I agree. I see all editions have had this change made; that's just weird. I don't think current availability should matter at all. We are not a sales site."

It's probably just the default description.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42507 comments Mod
There were some issues with the previous description, so I replaced it altogether. Looks like the intent was to note than one edition is out of print. That is now done according to policy.

Anyone who is confused about what said policy is, please see http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/22... and http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/32...