Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

The Blue Tent Sky: How the Left's War on Guns Cost Me My Son and My Freedom
This topic is about The Blue Tent Sky
Author Resource Round Table > 10 Months, 2 Bottles of Scotch, and $42,000 Later: How I Petitioned the Supreme Court & Wrote My Memoir.

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new) - added it

Brian Aitken (briandaitken) | 5 comments I wrote an article about my experience writing my memoir and wanted to share it with the Goodreads community of aspiring authors.

I managed to crowdfund an advance of $42,000 and sell a couple thousand copies within the first month, which I consider to be a huge success for a self-published author. The book also hit #1 on Amazon for paid eBooks in multiple categories, including Constitutional Law and Penology (temporarily beating out a John Grisham novel and Orange is the New Black).

Here's a link to the article:

10 Months, 2 Bottles of Scotch, and $42,000 Later: How I Petitioned the Supreme Court & Wrote My Memoir.
http://medium.com/@briandaitken/10-mo...

If anyone has any questions, I'll be responding to queries in the articles Comments section.

Good luck!

Brian

message 2: by Renee E (new) - added it

Renee E Definitely coming back to read this!

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2189 comments Wow, you had me at $42,000! Congrats! I would definitely be interested in knowing more as to how you gained such great success and as you said especially for a self-published author.