Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

II. Publishing & Marketing Tips > Marketiing A Book - A Multi-Faceted Approach

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (last edited Oct 27, 2014 04:49PM) (new)

Jim Vuksic | 1038 comments No single method of marketing a book will attract all readers; so it makes sense to utilize as many proven methods as possible to reach the greatest number of potential customers.

- Press Releases: Each customized to address the unique tastes of the readers in a targeted area as well as their unique preferences.

- Web-Site: Professionally and specifically designed to promote a particular book and the author; succinctly, yet effectively.

- Book Marks/Push Cards/Business Cards: Each customized to promote a specific book, its author, and related contact/vendor information.

- Thank You Cards: Featuring the specific book and the author appearing at a presentation/book signing event; to be handed out to all attending.

- Author's Active Participation in Literary Websites: In as many different discussion groups and threads as possible; not just those designated for self-promotion. Let other members become acquainted with you as a person who shares their interests and/or reading habits.

- Personal Appearances: Literary Festivals, Public Libraries, Book Stores, and Book Clubs; prepared to deliver a well-rehearsed presentation, with book signing pen in-hand.

message 2: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Holt | 18 comments Thanks so much for your post. I don't understand how to really use Goodreads and don't know about other sites. Can you suggest some, and tell me how to get the most out of interaction with non fiction writers?

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments Very mice thanks for sharing Jim

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim Vuksic | 1038 comments Patricia wrote: "Thanks so much for your post. I don't understand how to really use Goodreads and don't know about other sites. Can you suggest some, and tell me how to get the most out of interaction with non fi..."

Patricia,

The bar at the top of the page displays five categories: Home - My Books - Groups - Recommendations - Explore.

If you click on Groups, a page listing all of the different discussion groups available on the Goodreads site appears. You can pick and choose which best suits your specific tastes in books and subject matter; then simply join the one's in which you would like to become member.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice tips and reminders, thanks for sharing! I need to make some bookmarkers :)

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Landmark (clandmark) | 242 comments Thanks for sharing these tips and advice, Jim.

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason Chapman | 27 comments Hey Jim,
Thanks for sharing, some real good tips here, a few of which I don't do enough of.