Laurie R. King Virtual Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Off-Topic > What makes you post?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin (tangential1) | 1638 comments Mod
Our discussion rather stalled out this month, which I find a little surprising because so many people sounded so thrilled to read our book selection. But thinking about it, perhaps the books that everyone has fun reading are not the books that make you want to discuss what you're reading.

So question for everyone: what compels you to post in a thread? And what aspects of a book really push you to needing to discuss them?

message 2: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 29 comments I think I'm fairly typical in that I'm more likely to post to a discussion thread about a book if I'm having problems with it.

If I have no problems with a book, then I would post if the book has given me something to think about or is particularly original in some respect.

Another reason to post is that it deals with some historical issue that interests me.

I am also likely to post if someone else has posted something to the thread and I vehemently disagree. I would have to feel strongly about my disagreement.

message 3: by Dina (new)

Dina | 81 comments I am very bad about posting even if I love a book. Just can't think of things to say.

message 4: by Lenore (new)

Lenore | 1081 comments I tend to post if someone has made an observation to which I want to respond, or if there is something so striking about a book that I feel compelled to discuss it.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.