eBook Miner discussion

For Readers > The new Kindle Scout program

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by H.L. (new)

H.L. Carpenter | 5 comments Amazon started a new program called Kindle Scout that looks interesting for readers and authors.

With this program, authors post a book cover, an excerpt and a brief author interview for new books. The idea is for readers to read the excerpts and nominate the books they like. If the book makes it into the program, the author gets published and the readers who nominated the book get a free copy.

The books already listed look like good stories. We've been working our way through the titles.

We're trying it out as authors too. We entered our cozy mystery, A Cause for Murder .

It'll be interesting to see how this program works out.

message 2: by Lori (new)

Lori Schafer (lorilschafer) | 23 comments H.L. wrote: "Amazon started a new program called Kindle Scout that looks interesting for readers and authors.

With this program, authors post a book cover, an excerpt and a brief author interview for new books..."

Thanks for sharing - this looks very interesting! :)

message 3: by H.L. (new)

H.L. Carpenter | 5 comments Lori wrote: "Thanks for sharing - this looks very interesting! :)

It's been a learning experience. Did you post a book?

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori Schafer (lorilschafer) | 23 comments H.L. wrote: "Lori wrote: "Thanks for sharing - this looks very interesting! :)

It's been a learning experience. Did you post a book?"

I decided against it. The contract terms were just too rigid for me, although I think they might work well for many people. I'd love to know how much marketing Amazon does of the selected books - I think that would be a crucial determining factor in deciding whether the terms they're offering are ultimately more beneficial to the author than publishing directly through KDP.

message 5: by Stevie (new)

Stevie Turner (stevieturner) | 33 comments I think this is only available in the USA or for people with US bank accounts. If I'm wrong please let me know......