The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)
Harry Potter > HPatHBP: Part 3: Chapter 12 - Chapter 16

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Discuss Chapter 12 - Chapter 16

NOTE: While this section is meant to focus on the specified chapters of this book, this read is meant for people who have already read the entire series.

As a result, unlike most of our group reads, full spoilers for the series will be allowed without spoiler tags in every discussion post.

If you haven't read some/all of the books (What's wrong with you?) proceed at your own peril.

message 2: by Dara (last edited Oct 29, 2014 09:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dara (cmdrdara) Ch. 12
-Muffliato is a handy little spell. Thanks, Snape.

-Hogsmeade is a lot less fun now that half the shops are closed. Shame.

-Harry doesn't even realize that he has a crush on Ginny at this point. Clueless.

-Malfoy Imperiused Madam Rosmerta at some point and I think she in turn Imperiused Katie to take the necklace to Dumbledore. Rosmerta also poisons the mead for Dumbledore that Slughorn gives to Ron...

Ch. 13
-How could have Merope saved her own life with magic? Healing spells? No idea.

-Tom has many characteristics of famous serial killers. His good looks remind me of Ted Bundy. A lot of serial killers tortured animals in their youth and later, kept trophies from their victims. Tom does both of those things. Many are charismatic and good at hiding their true nature.

Ch. 14
-Here's some sneaky making out for you, Alex.

-The girl with toadspawn is Crabbe/Goyle standing guard outside of the Room of Requirement. They take Polyjuice Potion then drop whatever they're holding to warn Malfoy that someone is outside. Malfoy is inside working on the Cabinet.

-I really think it would be kinder to let Ron resign.

-I would think being a member of your house's Qudditch team would disqualify you to be announcer. First, you can't announce when your team plays and second, wouldn't that make you biased?

-Hermione is vindictive. Damn.

Ch. 15
-I imagine Hermione has not so great eyesight from reading so many books.

-''Nobody's ever asked me to a party before, as a friend. Is that why you dyed your eyebrow, for the party? Should I do mine too?'' I love you, Luna.

-All of the Hermione-McLaggen stuff feels totally wrong. I just never thought Hermione would be giggly and gossipy like that.

-''The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're working to bring down the Ministry of Magic from within using a combination of Dark Magic and gum disease.''

-You'd think Harry would always carry Extendable Ears consindering how often he eavesdrops.

Ch. 16
-This book needs more Lupin.

-Nice necklace, Ron.

-''You're making Stan a scapegoat, just like you want to me make a mascot.'' Harry knows what's up. Dumbledore's man, through and through.

Suzanne | 1582 comments I feel a lot less annoyed with Mrs. Weasley this re-read and a lot more sorry for her. Those clock hands pointing to "deadly danger" or whatever it was - constantly....that would be awful. And having to put up with Fleur on top of that ...

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
I've always liked Mrs. Weasely. I don't really get why someone wouldn't. Then again I like to follow the rules and keep out of trouble..

Dara (cmdrdara) I also like Mrs. Weasley. I understand her fussing over her children, especially after Voldemort's rebirth and Percy leaving the family. I have a lot of sympathy for her.

Suzanne | 1582 comments I like Mrs. Weasely too - on the re-read. I think when I originally read the book I thought she was too overprotective, etc. I understand her a lot more this go-round.