A Killer (Re)Read - The Throne of Glass Series Readalong discussion

Heir of Fire! > Conspiracy Theories for the rest of the series!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess Munnery (jmunners) | 11 comments Thought it would be pretty cool if we could share some of our theories for the next books!

I just had a little thought. What if the King already knows who Celaena is? Can he really not have seen the resemblance between her and Aedion? A man as sly and achieving as him?
Maybe, after seeing her captured, he sent her to Endovier hoping she would eventually die there. Then when she entered the competition, he allowed it and that's why he then tried to get her killed in it (I think he knew what was going on with Perrington). Then he sent her to Wendlyn with an army straight afterwards, hoping she would die in the crossfire. But he's captured Aedion as a bargaining chip or for blackmail now that he's heard of her using her powers.
That . . . would be pretty damn cool.

So what are your theories?

Tween 2 Teen Book Reviews (tween2teenbookreviews) I have no idea! I'm definitely expecting some kick-buttery though! After all the breaking down Celaena had in Heir of Fire, it's gonna be cool to see just how much she rises from the ashes.

message 3: by S (new)

S Jakes | 21 comments When Chaol saw the resemblance between Celaena and Aedion, I thought that there was no way the King couldn't have noticed. If he doesn't know who Celaena is, then I will be extremely surprised. To me, it always seemed as if the King was backing Cain. If he hadn't realised who she was then, then he would have when he met Aedion again. The King is behind everything. He probably even told Lord Anielle to recall Chaol- perhaps he noticed how close he was to Celaena, and didn't want his Captain of the Guard to be wavering in hus loyalties. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that the King knew Arobynn personally (they're both scheming and manipulative).

Tween 2 Teen Book Reviews (tween2teenbookreviews) S wrote: "When Chaol saw the resemblance between Celaena and Aedion, I thought that there was no way the King couldn't have noticed. If he doesn't know who Celaena is, then I will be extremely surprised. To ..."

I'm pretty sure he did, cause if you read the final novella where Celaena gets caught, then you see Arobynn talking to some guy (I think the guy who killed Sam) about how he basically set up Celaena to be captured.

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 3 comments I can see how the King might already know. But I also think not. Why would he send her to Wendlyn then? Where her cousin rules. It's safe to assume that if they know they would help her. Also, we got the scenes from his point of view where he admits he has no idea what the wrydmark on her forehead means. He wouldn't of let her get involve in the rebellion. I personally think that he is to blinded by his own arrogance to think that a teenage girl would be a threat. It's obvious that he was in on Perrington's plot to kill her. But he also said that if there was any chance of a prophecy about her he would kill her. He says that there was no one else he could trust. He worries that she will be a threat not by herself, but because she is close with Nehmia.

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 3 comments Nox= one of the brothers from Suria. Remember how she said his eyes looked familiar?
Lyssandra= Elide. This one I'm not as sure about. I know both come into play later in the series. If you look at the picture of each of them on pintrest, that have a lot of the same features.

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess Munnery (jmunners) | 11 comments Kelly wrote: "Nox= one of the brothers from Suria. Remember how she said his eyes looked familiar?
Lyssandra= Elide. This one I'm not as sure about. I know both come into play later in the series. If you look at..."

LOVING YOUR THINKING!

message 8: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Punzal | 13 comments i think Elide is going to have her debut in the next book and then BAAM BAAM!! Aedion has a ship>A<

message 9: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Woodruff | 6 comments Oh my goodness! so many feels! Here's my theory.... Arobyn will find Celeana, before she can find him. They fight an epic battle. Fae side comes out... Arobyn working with King. He gave Wyrdkey to king. Celeana calls Rowan to help rescue Aedion.. This might be pushing it... but I think that either Sam, Nehemia, or even that maid lady from her childhood are actually alive and will help fight the battle and join the rebellion and cause all sorts of drama. I know stupid. maybe I am just going through withdrawls and really want them back... :(

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess Munnery (jmunners) | 11 comments Natalie wrote: "Oh my goodness! so many feels! Here's my theory.... Arobyn will find Celeana, before she can find him. They fight an epic battle. Fae side comes out... Arobyn working with King. He gave Wyrdkey to ..."

No joke, I was thinking about that the other day. I was fumbling with fanfic ideas and thought. . . What about putting another new possible love interest or even an old one in? (Just to add to the long list of possible suitors Celaena currently has!) And I was thinking about Sam and how I could make it so Arobynn faked his death and Nehemia faked her own! And then I was just going . . . Oh, PLEASE may Sarah give them a thought. Sam! Sam! Sam! Sam!

message 11: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Woodruff | 6 comments In Heir of Fire.. it says that when Manon claims back that witch kindom, the first person she is going to kill is the red-headed queen. Isn't that Ansel? Didn't she say something about her heritage being there, and how it's destroyed now and what not?? did anyone else catch that?

message 12: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 3 comments S wrote: "When Chaol saw the resemblance between Celaena and Aedion, I thought that there was no way the King couldn't have noticed. If he doesn't know who Celaena is, then I will be extremely surprised. To ..."

That does seem pretty obvious also because he sentenced Celaena to TEN YEARS in the salt mines. In addition, he may have been really angry when Dorian decided to free her from her sentence in the mines, introducing her to the competition. BUT if he (the king) does have close connections with Arobynn then he should've known that Celaena knew Archer Finn before. The King shouldn't've been surprised if he truly knew Arobynn, however, he may have been lying in itself. But the only thing is, doesn't Arobynn hate the king? If he really did want to tell the king he would have done so, maybe Arobynn is trying to grow stronger than the king with the last wrydkey he has...maybe. But I still think that Lysandra is going to be in the Assassin's keep and all the others. And Oh My Lord, the memories of SAM!! And Chaol and Dorian and UGHHH THE REST!! This comment just made me realize how LONG until Book 4 is going to come out.

I AM REEAALLYY frustrated!! Oh yeah what do you think book 4 will be called. Maybe something like "Bowing down to no one whilst kick-ass" or "stealing back a chain from the Mo-F that stole it from 8 year old me and killed my love-Sam" maybe even "kill bitch Lysandra in the process of reuniting with ex boyfriend and cousin (maybe even FUTURE bf)" and lastly "seeing ex-boy toy now brotherly Dorian the dog in an obsidian chain and not being able to free him (Can't be 'the end' because it's only book four)". Maybe it can be ALL of them XD

message 13: by S (new)

S Jakes | 21 comments I wouldn't have been surprised if the King knew Celaena knew Archer; it could have even been a test of her loyalties. Also, no one truly knows anything about Arobynn, as Celaena is so forgiving of him in the Assassin's Blade. I think his is utterly capable of not just knowing the King, but occasionally sending assassins after people at the King's request. This could even be why the King suddenly decided he needed a Champion- someone who could take over Arobynn's job (perhaps the King was becoming distrustful of Arobynn). Anywayc that's just what I think.
As for the title, I think it'll be named something like, oh, I don't know, Queen if Death. Something of something, that's for sure.

message 14: by Lauryn (new)

Lauryn French (darkphoenixlf) | 1 comments My Theories for the next book.

Mannon will work out that the King is using them and cause and uprising among the witches.

Dorian will be sent off to do some terrible things perhaps in Ellywe whilst he is under the control of the King.

Chaol will be imprisoned with Aedion and both will be held for execution at an appropriate time so that Celaena is called out to rescue them.

Prior to her discovering Chaol and Aedion have been captured Rowan and Celaena will have ventured to Ellywe to gather support/ look for clues in relation to the wyrd keys, they will also come across some of the remaining members of her Court.

The book will conclude with them discovering Dorian is under the control of the King and perhaps discussing a plan to break the king's hold over him/ finding one of or destroying one of the wyrd keys.

As to the conspiracy theories in relation to the King. I very much think the King knows who she is. I get the impression that he has perhaps been toying with her seeing if he can get himself in a position to control her given the significant magical power she has. His primary goal is to eliminate all other magic to remove people's ability to fight against him. I think that perhaps people with fae blood are immune or more resistant to his wyrd magic hence the all out slaughter of the Terrassen Court.

message 15: by S (new)

S Jakes | 21 comments I agree about Mannon and Dorian, but I don't think Chaol will get captured. I think she will have to work with Chaol, despite not trusting him fully, in order to save Aedion.
From what I understood from reading the book, isn't Rowan remaining in Wendlyn? I thought the plan was for Celaena to bring back magic, so that he could then join her. I think that the Wyrd magic the King used does work on the Fae- hence why she could only used her magic whilst through the portal. And he obliterated the Terrasen Court because they were powerful and sure to oppose his vieš and ideály.

message 16: by S (new)

S Jakes | 21 comments I agree about Mannon and Dorian, but I don't think Chaol will get captured. I think she will have to work with Chaol, despite not trusting him fully, in order to save Aedion.
From what I understood from reading the book, isn't Rowan remaining in Wendlyn? I thought the plan was for Celaena to bring back magic, so that he could then join her. I think that the Wyrd magic the King used does work on the Fae- hence why she could only used her magic whilst through the portal. And he obliterated the Terrasen Court because they were powerful and sure to oppose his vieš and ideály.

message 17: by S (new)

message 18: by S (new)

S Jakes | 21 comments *views and ideals

message 19: by Markie (new)

Markie  Winters (steinfields) | 2 comments I think Manon might side with celeana as their stories intersect.

message 20: by S (new)

S Jakes | 21 comments So do I. I don't think they'll become fast friends, but I think Manon will respect Celaena for doing what needs to be done (such as training to be an assassin from such a young age) and they will both identity to each other, being heirs to a difficult position.

message 21: by Bookwarrior (new)

Bookwarrior I believe that the king knows exactly what is going on in his realm and he is happy were all the characters are right now in order to advance his plans.

message 22: by Abbey (new)

Abbey (ash12) | 1 comments Manon and Celaena would be so great together!

message 23: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (chewbecca) | 1 comments It's funny to go back and read some of these theories now that Empire is out. Some people were right and some were really close on a lot of things...some things are just way off lol. I'm glad I fell upon this group while fan-girl stalking Sarah's author page :-)

A Killer (Re)Read - The Throne of Glass Series...

unread topics | mark unread