All About YA discussion

The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1)
This topic is about The 5th Wave
Archives > November BOTM: The 5th Wave

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
Our BOTM for November 2014 will be The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. We will be able to discuss it here.

Angie wrote: "Yay! I just got the book."

Yay! It's a really good book.

And I totally forgot I had a poll running when I posted suggestions for a November BOTM, but I changed the suggestions to December.

message 3: by Audryaunna (new) - added it

Audryaunna | 119 comments Okay, I have heard sooooo many good things about this book and I am going to read it.

Sophie | 139 comments I'll read this one with you guys. :) I need to order it from the library though.

Audryaunna wrote: "Okay, I have heard sooooo many good things about this book and I am going to read it."

It's really good, and it looks like it won the poll by a landslide. lol

Sophie wrote: "I'll read this one with you guys. :) I need to order it from the library though."

Yay! I'm glad you'll be reading with us, Sophie! :)

message 7: by Audryaunna (new) - added it

Audryaunna | 119 comments I keep telling myself that Erin will not let you slide on not reading this BOTM. LOL. After this do we read the next novel?

Audryaunna wrote: "I keep telling myself that Erin will not let you slide on not reading this BOTM. LOL. After this do we read the next novel?"

Sometime during November, I'll post another poll for December's BOTM, and the votes will decide it. If it wins, yes, but it hasn't happened yet.

We could always do a binge read next year when the third one comes out for the Series Reads that we have too. :)

message 9: by Audryaunna (new) - added it

Audryaunna | 119 comments You mean there's more! LOL. I cannot take it anymore Erin, I just can't. LOL. I still haven't finished the Maze Runner series yet. :)

Audryaunna wrote: "You mean there's more! LOL. I cannot take it anymore Erin, I just can't. LOL. I still haven't finished the Maze Runner series yet. :)"

The second book was recently released, but the final book in the trilogy won't be out until next year.

Adele I loooooved The 5th Wave! I hope everyone has a fun time reading it!

message 12: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney Lockwood | 5 comments I recently bought this book, perfect timing!:)

Courtney wrote: "I recently bought this book, perfect timing!:)"

Yay! Feel free to chime in any time with your thoughts! :)

Adele wrote: "I loooooved The 5th Wave! I hope everyone has a fun time reading it!"

I loved it too. The sequel... not so much, but I still have hope that the third one will be great.

Sophie | 139 comments Just picked up my copy from the library, going to start it later today. I love the cover!

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma Bednar | 1 comments Omg I love this book! I can't wait to read the second one! Infinite Sea, right?

Yes - The second book is called The Infinite Sea.

Sophie | 139 comments I am not loving this. Around Page 200 the storyline improved a bit but I still don't feel an urge to know what is going to happen. I'm also getting quite confused by the pov changes. I think these type of 'everyones dead, end of the world' books dont appeal to me much anymore.

Sophie | 139 comments Finished :). I gave it 2 stars. Here's my review -https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 20: by Audryaunna (new) - added it

Audryaunna | 119 comments It's a little hard to get into, but I'm hoping it gets better.

message 21: by A (new)

A (przyaj14) | 6 comments Audryaunna wrote: "It's a little hard to get into, but I'm hoping it gets better."

I agree! I just got it from the library and I am hoping it gets better :-)

message 22: by A (new)

A (przyaj14) | 6 comments Just finished. Ended better than I it started. After I pushed through the first part of the book, it got better. Still a little slow in parts, but ended much better than I thought.

So... what does everyone else think of the book? Who were your favorite characters? Are you excited to read The Infinite Sea (if you already haven't)?