YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction discussion

Brew (Salem's Revenge, #1)
This topic is about Brew
Read & Review > Read & Review: Brew by David Estes

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (last edited Oct 26, 2014 09:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy (DemonKittie) (demonkittie) | 340 comments Mod
Here is your chance to read the first book in David Estes new series, Salem's Revenge.

Title: BREW
Author: David Estes
Genre: Dystopia
Formats Available: All
Pages: 440

Synopsis:
Salem’s Revenge strikes without warning or mercy, ravaging the powerless human race under the forces of united gangs of witches, wizards, and warlocks. During the slaughter, Rhett Carter's foster parents and sister are killed, and his best friend and girlfriend are abducted by a gang of witches calling themselves the Necromancers, who deal in the dark magic of raising the dead. Rhett’s sword-wielding neighbor with a mysterious past saves Rhett from becoming another casualty of the massacre and teaches him the skills he needs to survive in this new world.

There are 25 copies available to review. A special requirement is that the reviews would have to be posted on BOTH Amazon (U.S. site) and Goodreads. The book is available in all formats.

Please post with your email address and what format you would like.

Reviews would be due on about the 23rd of November. Please post links to your reviews here to be listed as completed.

message 2: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (last edited Oct 27, 2014 03:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reviewers:
1. Amy (Demonkittie)
2. Stacey
3. Ash_so
4. Brooke
5. Jessica
6. Rhonda
7. K.S.
8. Wendy
9. Lisa

message 3: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I would like a chance. mydemonkittie@gmail.com mobi is my preferred format.

Stacey | 3 comments I would love to read this. I have been reading Davids other series and love his writing. I would like it in kindle format. haileybugscloset@gmail.com

Ash_so I would like it too! Herveannesophie@gmail.com for my email and I prefer the kindle format.

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 3 comments yes yes yes yes yes :) broricha54@yahoo.com

message 7: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Jett Yes, please :) I prefer Kindle, my email is jessica.jett620@gmail.com

message 8: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Thanks for signing up everyone! I've just sent you an e-mail with your book and some additional information. I hope you enjoy the ride!

message 9: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Brooke wrote: "yes yes yes yes yes :) broricha54@yahoo.com"

Thanks Brooke! I sent you the Kindle version as you didn't specify which format. Does that work? If not, I can send you a different version :)

message 10: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Stacey wrote: "I would love to read this. I have been reading Davids other series and love his writing. I would like it in kindle format. haileybugscloset@gmail.com"

Aww thanks for the compliment, it made my day! I hope you enjoy my latest series just as much ;)

message 11: by Tammy K. (new)

Tammy K. (rambles_of_a_reader) David,
I really feel like I should read one of your books as I have been Goodreads friends with you for so long.
description

You are such an amazing goodreads member. Writing books, hosting your own GR group and participating in dozens of others, all while having a 'normal' family life. Dang! You must have superpowers :-D

Yet I can not turn around a review that quickly this month.
Between work, my GR group and life, the winter holiday season is a bear for me.
I wish you and this book much success.
T.

message 12: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Aww thanks SO MUCH Tammy! That's REALLY nice of you to say :) I'm not sure I have superpowers as all of that stuff you mentioned means I collapse into bed at night LOL! But it's all worth it to be a part of this amazing community and do what I love for a living. I hope you get to read one of my books soon, but no pressure, I understand there are a lot of other awesome books out there and limited time in the day!

message 13: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just love that these are in e format so my 19 year old cat can't throw up on it and my kitten won't eat it. All the books I have by David are on my Kindle, so that's awesome.

Also, it is coming close the holidays so I understand the time constraint problems. I just have to make it time sensitive to benefit the authors as well as the reviewers. It is also why I started making Christmas gifts a month ago. To be fair, I have only made two gifts so far, LOL.

Rhonda Campbell | 5 comments I'd be glad to r4r. Have to say I've never had the pleasure of reading any of your books. My email is luvrgirlrgc@Yahoo.com and Mobi format Thanks look forward to reading it!

message 15: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Thanks so much Rhonda, I'll send it to you right now :) Enjoy!

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 3 comments David wrote: "Brooke wrote: "yes yes yes yes yes :) broricha54@yahoo.com"

Thanks Brooke! I sent you the Kindle version as you didn't specify which format. Does that work? If not, I can send you a different vers..."

yah sorry, i totally spaced putting which format, if you could send me a pdf file instead, that would be awesome :]

message 17: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) LOL that's okay, Brooke! I'll send it along now :)

message 18: by K.S. (new) - rated it 4 stars

K.S. Marsden (ksmarsden) Hi, I'd love to review it! Could I have a mobi copy, please?
kelly.marsden@hotmail.co.uk

message 19: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy | 9 comments I'd love a mobi copy please! My email address is parawen@triad.rr.com. THANK YOU!

message 20: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Sandberg (lisasandberg) | 10 comments If there are still copies available, I would love to do a read 2 review for you. lisasandberg88@yahoo.com
pdf works best for me. Thanks

message 21: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Thanks K.S., Wendy, and Lisa! Just e-mailed all three of you :) Hope you enjoy the read!

message 22: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Sandberg (lisasandberg) | 10 comments Thank you!! :-)

message 23: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) My pleasure!

message 24: by Wendy (new) - added it

Wendy | 9 comments Got it! Thanks!!! Can't wait to dig in to it! :D

Sally Hannoush | 3 comments I have a question for everyone. How long does a review have to be to be considered a review? I always want to sign up for books to read but I can't write a review to save my life. A few lines usually stating if I liked it or not is what I normally do for a book I've read. I see paragraphs of words by others. What would one consider a proper size review and what does it contain? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. (Can I be directed to where would be good?)

message 26: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) You're most welcome, Wendy, enjoy!!

Great question, Sally! From my perspective as an author, I'm more than happy with a few lines. To me, the length of a review is a personal decision by the reviewer based on their read, time constraints, and feelings about the book. I personally would hate to have someone not participate in one of my Read to Reviews (meaning I get one less review!) because they don't have the time to write a lengthy review. Even a few lines can make a world of difference for a book. Others may have different opinions, but that's mine! Hope that helps and you get the chance to participate :)

Sally Hannoush | 3 comments David wrote: "You're most welcome, Wendy, enjoy!!

Great question, Sally! From my perspective as an author, I'm more than happy with a few lines. To me, the length of a review is a personal decision by the revie..."

Thanks for your quick response. I enjoyed reading a few of your other books and will continue to read more. I would like to say "sign me up" but I won't know if I will be able to read the book until next week and would hate to take advantage of a free book without at least a few liners. Normally when I do start a book I can get through them quickly- if it entertains me or nothing else comes up. I look forward to adding my email to the list- as long as its not full. Have a wonderful weekend to you and everyone else!

message 28: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) No worries, happy to help! And thanks for your kind words :)

message 30: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Awesome! Thanks so much Brooke! I'm so glad you enjoyed the read and I appreciate your reviews on both sites :) Hope you enjoy Boil just as much!

message 32: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Thanks SO MUCH Rhonda! I'm so pleased you enjoyed the read and thanks for cross-posting to Amazon, that really helps :) Hope you enjoy Boil too!

message 33: by Lisa (last edited Nov 11, 2014 01:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

message 34: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Aww amazing, thank you! And I'm glad you're enjoying the sequel, thanks for the support!

message 35: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (last edited Nov 13, 2014 05:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

My review...
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Waiting for Amazon to post.
http://www.amazon.com/review/RZ8SAZRA...

There we go.

message 36: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Wow, awesome, thanks so much Amy and I'm so glad you enjoyed the read :) Hope you enjoy Boil just as much!

message 37: by Amy (DemonKittie), Is Alive! (last edited Nov 14, 2014 11:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Might have to wait a while to get Boil, but I will read it as soon as I can. I am excited for it. When does the last one come out?

message 38: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) No worries at all and thank you :)

The third and final book, Burn, will be out in late January. It's already written and is currently being reviewed by my agent's editorial staff. Then the trilogy will be complete!

message 39: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Just a reminder that reviews are due by November 23rd. Thanks to everyone who's reviewed so far and I look forward to the rest! Thanks to everyone in this group who's participating, you all rock!

message 41: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Oh WOW! Speed reader! Thank you so much and I'm so glad you enjoyed the sequel even more than Brew :) Made me smile!

message 43: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Sandberg (lisasandberg) | 10 comments It was definitely hard to put down. Glad I made you smile. :) You are so very welcome.

message 44: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) <3

message 46: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Thanks so much Ash! I'm so glad you enjoyed the read :)

message 48: by David (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) Perfect, thanks so much! Great review :)

YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Burn (other topics)