The Challenge Factory discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
2014 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > November Buddy Read Discussion Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Oct 26, 2014 03:16AM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5550 comments Mod
Buddy Read

November Buddy Read Discussion
Duration: 01 November 2014 - 30 November 2014

Instructions & Info:

Rules:

Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, authors or genres you are interested in! When you decide who you buddy and your book you will head on over to the FINAL SIGN UP thread (see link at bottom) and tell me your book and buddy there (there will be instructions to follow) If you are without a partner by the end of sign up I will try to match the remaining people up, so no worries...EVERYONE will have a buddy:-)

1.If you want to participate post your name and maybe let people know what genre(s) you are interested in reading and or any books that you're interested in reading.

2.If you already know who you’d like to read with, go to the Final Sign Up thread and post your information for me!

3.Whoever doesn’t have a partner, we will try to place with another person and you guys can pick a book together! If we have an odd number we can have groups of three, more people to discuss with!

4.I will create Buddy Discussion Threads for each Buddy group and you will be able to start reading and discussing.

5.The challenge will span a month.

6.For each group we can set up a thread so the two of you can discuss without having to sift through a bunch of other conversation.

7.You CAN sign up for more than one Buddy Read...in fact it's encouraged!

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK!

Once you have a buddy, go to the November Sign Up Thread and post your book and your buddy.

message 2: by Ekene (new)

Ekene Nduka am not getting your write ups

message 3: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah Swaffer (whistlemytune) Hey everyone! This is my first challenge ever, so go easy on me. ;-)

I like fiction, generally romance or drama. I love books by Nicholas Sparks, but also books like The Help, Memoirs of a Geisha, The Secret Life of Bees, etc. If you like these types of books, let's get together.

FYI, I have two kids under 2, so I don't get loads of time to read, so I'm not up for a very long book!! =D

xx

message 4: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Kristin and I are going to start a buddy read of the Rylee Adamson series. The first book is Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1) by Shannon Mayer . If anyone else is interested in joining us, let us know!

message 5: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Sadie, I'd be interested in reading Beautiful Oblivion (Beautiful, #3) by Jamie McGuire or Addicted to You (Addicted, #1) by Krista Ritchie or both with you.

message 6: by ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (last edited Oct 26, 2014 01:06PM) (new)

ilovebakedgoods (Teresa) (ilovebakedgoods) I am participating in a few buddy reads for another group in November, so in the interest of becoming more active in this group, I am posting my planned November reads here. Any takers for any of these? (The dates are when my official buddy reads start in my other group but I can probably be flexible for the purpose of this buddy read)

How to Bake a Perfect Life by Barbara O'Neal - anytime     Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins - Nov. 7/8     The Cold Dish (Walt Longmire, #1) by Craig Johnson - Nov. 8     Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty - Nov. 9     Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts - Nov. 10     The Crossing Places (Ruth Galloway, #1) by Elly Griffiths - Nov. 12     1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1) by James Patterson - Nov. 14    Walden; or, Life in the Woods by Henry David Thoreau - unsure of my start date, maybe anytime

Also reading some books at the very end of the month but wasn't sure anyone would want to join up for those since I won't read them until so late. Either way, they are: The Bell Jar (Nov. 23); Cinder (Nov. 25)

message 7: by siriusedward (last edited Oct 26, 2014 11:38AM) (new)

siriusedward (elenaraphael) well i will be reading Dreams (Part One) (Harlequin Temptation) by Jayne Ann Krentz Dreams (Part Two) (Temptation) by Jayne Ann Krentz Why Shoot a Butler? by Georgette Heyer Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7) by Nalini Singh China Dolls by Lisa See House Rules by Jodi Picoult The Golden Chance by Jayne Ann Krentz Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5) by Nalini Singh The Spanish Bride by Georgette Heyer Long Ride Home (Cambio Springs #0.5) by Elizabeth Hunter Dream Lake (Friday Harbor, #3) by Lisa Kleypas It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5) by Julie James Love a Little Sideways (Kowalski Family, #7) by Shannon Stacey Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor, #2) by Lisa Kleypas definitely.

as you see i am heavily into romance.but i am also interested in others
genre.the only thing is i dont do homosexual romances,multiple partner(mmmf/ffm) romances,erotica or infidelity.

at present i am reading The Bridge on the Drina by Ivo Andrić but ...i think it will be slow read.i just started it.today.

message 8: by V_Nerdbooks (last edited Oct 26, 2014 11:48AM) (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Wahoo more buddy reads lol

I am looking to read these next month, let me know if you want to join me :•D

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty The Good Girl by Mary Kubica Phoenix Island by John Dixon Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1) by Mira Grant Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty In the Afterlight (The Darkest Minds, #3) by Alexandra Bracken Grade A Stupid (The Darcy Walker Series, #1) by A.J. Lape Fish & Chips (Cut & Run, #3) by Abigail Roux White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1) by Aimee Carter Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1) by Wendy Higgins

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) Paris and Kristin, I'll join you for your series read of Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1) by Shannon Mayer

message 10: by Paris (last edited Oct 26, 2014 12:03PM) (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Sadie wrote: "@Paris: I'm up for both if you have time. :)"

Sadie lets do both. I'll post in the sign up thread.

message 11: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Vicci, I need to read White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

message 12: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments ✼Danielle wrote: "Paris and Kristin, I'll join you for your series read of Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1) by Shannon Mayer"

Sweet! I posted in the sign up thread for the three of us. Hopefully others will join us!

message 13: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Yeah its been on my TBR pile for ages, and I love JLA.
Shall I sign us up?

message 14: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "Yeah its been on my TBR pile for ages, and I love JLA.
Shall I sign us up?"

Sounds great!

message 15: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) Paris wrote: "Vicci, I need to read White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout"

I've read her J. Lynn and liked, so I'll join you both.

message 16: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Brilliant, I've signed us up.

message 17: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments ✼Danielle wrote: "Paris wrote: "Vicci, I need to read White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout"

I've read her J. Lynn and liked, so I'll join you both."

Yay! The more the merrier! I read the prequel novella Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout to this series and enjoyed the world. It should be an interesting series.

message 18: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "Wahoo more buddy reads lol

I am looking to read these next month, let me know if you want to join me..."

Vicci - I would buddy read Fish & Chips with you but would need to read it sooner than later since it's part of my October FWYS. Not sure if that works for you though!

Also, have been wanting to read Big Little Lies

Paris & Danielle - Looking forward to Rylee Adamson! Yay!

message 19: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Yeah sounds good, need to finish our other br but we can go straight into F&C if you like?

message 20: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Stacey & Vicci - Are you still up for Landline by Rainbow Rowell

As well as anyone else!

message 21: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Oh yes forgot about that one, phew I thought my BR's were slacking this month haha

message 22: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "Yeah sounds good, need to finish our other br but we can go straight into F&C if you like?"

That works for me! We can probably continue with our other thread and update the book

message 23: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Sounds good, I'll sign us up and ask to change the other thread.

message 24: by Ana (new)

Ana (inbees) Hi there, I'm still in a post-Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy hangover, so I'd love to find something similar to it, if anyone of you has any ideas. I'm always looking for books with great worldbuilding and well written characters.
Also I'm planning to read:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) by J.K. Rowling (for the first time) and Heliopolis by James Scudamore .
But generally speaking: I'm here even for some surprises and genres I don't usually read.
This is my first buddy read ever, so I'm extremely curious :)

message 25: by siriusedward (new)

siriusedward (elenaraphael) Paris wrote: "✼Danielle wrote: "Paris and Kristin, I'll join you for your series read of Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1) by Shannon Mayer"

Sweet! I posted in the sign up thread for the three of us. Hopefully others will join us!"

hey, i would like to join you guys too.but as this is my first buddy read you'll have to be patient.

message 26: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments siriusedward wrote: "Paris wrote: "✼Danielle wrote: "Paris and Kristin, I'll join you for your series read of Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1) by Shannon Mayer"

Sweet! I posted in the sign up thread for the three of us. Hopefully others..."

Oh sure - no worries - they are easy & fun!

message 27: by Penni (new)

Penni | 993 comments Trea/Ezi you guys still up for Amaury's Hellion?

message 28: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments V Audio Nerd wrote: "Sounds good, I'll sign us up and ask to change the other thread."

Dang girl - you're fast! I went to request and you were all ready on it!

message 29: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Paris / Jenne / anyone - Love, in English (LIE, #1) by Karina Halle ?

message 30: by Penni (new)

Penni | 993 comments Kristin ~ Twatwaffle ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Paris / Jenne / anyone - Love, in English (LIE, #1) by Karina Halle?"

That is supposed to be SOO good. But i really can't afford to start another series right now :-(

message 31: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Pick me....oh oh oh....pick me lol.

I'll join on that one too if you don't mind Kristin, it's sounds soo good!

message 32: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments LOL! I'm in love with all books Halle! HaHa!

Absolutely!

message 33: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Yay sounds good Sadie, I'll sign us up !!

message 34: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments And she's not a psycho which is a bonus lol

message 35: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments LMAO!!! Yes, that definitely helps too!! Hahaha!!

message 36: by Ana (new)

Ana (inbees) @Sadie: great! I'm signing us up then.
Thanks!

message 37: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Penni, Love, in English (LIE, #1) by Karina Halle is only two books at the moment. Well technically one since Love, in Spanish (LIE, #2) by Karina Halle doesn't come out until 11/11/14 I believe.

message 38: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments I've added siriusedward and Sadie to the request for Priceless (Rylee Adamson, #1) by Shannon Mayer

message 39: by siriusedward (new)

siriusedward (elenaraphael) thanks a lot paris...

and anna and sadie i would love to join you for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter #2) by J.K. Rowling ....reread for me...but its been a long time...so...

message 40: by Ana (new)

Ana (inbees) @siriusedward: so I'm signing you up to the thread as well then, it that's okay.
I just can't wait; discovering Harry Potter as an adult is such a great fun so far!

message 41: by siriusedward (new)

siriusedward (elenaraphael) thanks anna!!!

message 42: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Paris wrote: "Penni, Love, in English (LIE, #1) by Karina Halle is only two books at the moment. Well technically one since Love, in Spanish (LIE, #2) by Karina Halle doesn't come out until 11/11/14 I believe."

Penni - Let me know if you change your mind and I'll add you to the thread!

message 43: by Penni (new)

Penni | 993 comments Kristin ~ Twatwaffle ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Paris wrote: "Penni, Love, in English (LIE, #1) by Karina Halle is only two books at the moment. Well technically one since Love, in Spanish (LIE, #2) by Karina Halle doesn't come out until 11/11/14 I believ...
Penni - Let me know if you change your mind and I'll add you to the thread! "

Oh, what the heck! LOL. I own it already. Let me give it a try. Go ahead and add me. Thanks!

message 44: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Fabulous - I added you!

message 45: by Penni (new)

Penni | 993 comments Kristin ~ Twatwaffle ~ Experiment in Terror Junkie wrote: "Fabulous - I added you!"

Thanks!

message 46: by Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (last edited Oct 26, 2014 10:06PM) (new)

message 47: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Woohoo P, K Twat, & I are going to convert all of y'all to Karina Halle fans lol.

message 48: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Is it wrong I still laugh at K-Twat?

message 49: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) | 7439 comments Not at all :D

message 50: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ezi, Greta, Debbie, Lauren, Penni (and anyone else who is interested)
Are we going to have a grand finale buddy read for The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3) by Deborah Harkness in November? :D

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.