ᴠ.ᴏ.ʟ.ᴋ.ᴇ. ᴄᴏʀᴘᴏʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ [ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ] discussion

ᴍɪsᴄ. > ᴄʜᴀᴛʀᴏᴏᴍ

Comments Showing 1-50 of 185 (185 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

ɪɢɴᴀᴛɪᴜs (ignatiustheilliterate) | 110 comments Mod

message 2: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) Hi, so, what exactly is this?

message 3: by ɪɢɴᴀᴛɪᴜs (last edited Oct 25, 2014 03:17PM) (new)

How to explain?

This isn't the world as we know it. Since the early 1920s, persons of unusual capabilities have been appearing around the world. By the 1950s, there were over 150 thousand recorded individuals. As their population grew, governments started to panic. They thought of them as threats to the peace of the world, and all over individuals were detained. It was a situation spiraling out of control.

In the 1960s, a pharmaceutical company by the name of VOLKE stepped in. They offered to manage and control the population of these subhumans. Many of the worlds governments agreed. Within eight months, they'd established eight branches (North america, south america, european, etc.) across the globe.

For years, they tagged and collared hundreds of thousands of individuals, keeping them in the murky depths of their labs. By the 1980s, they released a public registry of all known subhumans, and begin releasing select individuals back to the public.

Now, VOLKE is one of the single largest companies in the world, funding and equipping their own private military. They strictly monitor the growing population of "subs." Living in deplorable circumstances, subhumans can only work in designated workplaces, live in pre-built ghettos, and are expected to submit to any medical examination VOLKE orders.

Few people are happy with this. In 2010, an ultra-radical pro-subhuman group known only as "Infinite" rose up. They've been leading a campaign of terror for four years, engaging in street shoot-outs, bombing VOLKE's building, and assassinating high profile workers. They've only made the situation worse for subs, but they believe their cause just.

Basically. Hasty description, but it gets the gist of things. War is brewing.

message 4: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) A tiny bit like Resident Evil

I totally don't think of it as Umbrella Corps meets X-men. Nosiree

message 6: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) I knew it... just kidding I didn't but it reminded me of the Umbrella Corporation

『ᴡɪᴄᴋʟɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴀsʜ ● ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ』 (wickling) | 19 comments I am also working on a superhero-based group. :3

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Heyy :)
Thanks Lily for the invite!

message 9: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) Is this based on something?

Any published works? No. It started off as a private RP with Lissy and I. It was decided we would try and do a public group based on some of the ideas we'd formed there :)

Lissy ~Heart of Glass~ Goode (lissygoode) | 44 comments Mod
I.G. and I our doing our own One-on-one with this plot, so we expanded it.

message 12: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments Hello everyone! The idea if this sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for the invite Lily :)

message 13: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments Hello everyone! The idea if this sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for the invite Lily :)

message 14: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments *of.
I appologize for posting that twice, my phone does rediculous things. I'll fix it in the morning :)

Welcome to the group, guys :)

message 16: by ɪɢɴᴀᴛɪᴜs (last edited Oct 26, 2014 10:40AM) (new)

Pleased to meet you :)

(view spoiler)

message 17: by Drax (new)

Drax RavenKnight (draxhollowknight) Sorry about my character taking so long. I've been busy, and still am.

message 18: by criticaster (new)

criticaster i saw on my feed that sea joined the group
and it looked interesting
so i joined

Hello, people. :]

message 19: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments Hello, Baa! (It's Baa, right?)

message 20: by criticaster (new)

criticaster 'Tis Baa. But hello ( again )! How are you?

message 21: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments Oh good! Just making sure I had that right.
I'm pretty good, what about you?

message 22: by criticaster (new)

criticaster Ahaha, yeah, sorry about the weird letters. >.<'
I'm doin' alright, thanks. Just checking this group out, haha.

message 23: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments Oh no, I think they're pretty cool! Just sometimes hard to read. I've had some individuals get hyped up when I typed their name out incorrectly 0.o

Me too, haha xD And listening to music, which always makes everything better.

message 24: by criticaster (new)

criticaster Ah, really? That must make for an awkward moment. xP When I'm on my phone sometimes I can't read the person's name so I rely on profile pictures to tell me who the person is.

Ooh, music ~ I agree. Music > Everything Else. What are you listening to at the moment?

message 25: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments Oh YES! That's a very good point, it's makes it difficult to figure out who to address when you can't even make it out xD

Three Days Grace! (I adore them) Do you have a favorite band that comes to mind?

And got to go, I have class in ten minutes. I'll talk with you later XD

message 26: by criticaster (new)

criticaster Right?! xD But I usually manage to play it cool. I'll scroll up and read the comments in hopes that someone called the person by their name/username. But if that doesn't pay off, I just wing it. >.> but if i've never met them before i usually just ask and explain, haha

Three Days Grace <3 I love them. And for me right now I'm on a Fall Out Boy kick ( which mainly includes listening to their old songs and drowning in nostalgic feels ) and My Favorite Highway. :P

Bye! Have fun!

message 27: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) I love Fall Out Boy, just saying.

message 28: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) Also, Baa, I LOVE the song your profile picture is from

message 29: by criticaster (new)

criticaster Yasss, Fall Out Boy <3

Lily: Thanks! :D not gonna lie ... i have no idea what song it's from ... i was just feeling particularly mopey that day and that picture spoke to me. xD

message 30: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) Drown - Theory of a Dead Man

message 31: by criticaster (new)

criticaster :o ilovethesongomfg

message 32: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) It's really good, huh?

message 33: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments I LOVE Fall Out Boy!! Favorite song?

message 34: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments YES! And Shahdia, Game of Thrones?
My favorite TV show ever!

message 35: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments Centuries <3
And I haven't read the books, heard there was a bunch of random sex in it. I actually watch the TV show edited, so I claim some morality in regards to it xD
BUT YES. SANSA IS GORGEOUS.
OMG.
Do you have a favorite character??

Lүη∂sεү wrote: "Thank you! Thanks for creating it, I needed an interesting break. Hope to RP with you in the future! Have you created a character already? (You can reply in Chat if you'd prefer to keep threads cle..."

Glad to have you here. :) I have five characters waiting to be finished, but I haven't posted anything official yet.

To answer your questions on the Workshop thread, you can delete the serial number if it isn't related to your character. The description is just asking that you add anything to your characters personality that isn't covered by primary traits (such as fears, habits, favourite foods, etc.) consider it the misc. of personality. Feel free to remove it if you wish :)

message 37: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments The Phoenix is AWEESOME. And I haven't heard Just One yesterday, (listen to the *sarcasm* wonderful pandora, so I only get bits of albums)

Oh! (Super excited marketing spree) We use this thing called clear play, here is a link if you'd like to learn more about it. It doesn't just edit GOT, it edits a plethora of films :3 I use it for EVERYTHING. My life has been free of unnecessary gross and language ever since I got it!

https://www.clearplay.com/MovieDash.a...

Well... I got the first one! I can't wait to meet the other two characters!!

And got to go to bed, ttyl!

message 38: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) Unwanted Input: My favorite Fall Out Boy song is I Don't Care and my favorite GoT characters are Daenerys, Sansa, and Joffrey. Arya, somewhat.

message 39: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) Personally I think watching/reading GoT without the gore and sex is kind of weird. Half of it actually DOES relate to the plotline, even if is a bit awkward.

message 40: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments LILY.
JOFFERY?
WHY?
 photo 740881_zps6adb6a63.gif

message 41: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) ❄ sʜᴀʜᴅɪᴀ ❄ ᶫᵃᵈʸ ᵒᶠ ʷᶦᶰᵗᵉʳᶠᵉᶫᶫ ❄ wrote: "lilყ wrote: "Unwanted Input: My favorite Fall Out Boy song is I Don't Care and my favorite GoT characters are Daenerys, Sansa, and Joffrey. Arya, somewhat."

*blinks* Joffrey? As a character, right..."

If I was in the Westeros world I would hate that asshole with every fabric of my being. But he's one of the worst (in a good way) villains I've ever seen, and I like the character. Not necessarily his actions.

message 42: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) Antagonist* or whatever idk what to call him

message 43: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) ❄ sʜᴀʜᴅɪᴀ ❄ ᶫᵃᵈʸ ᵒᶠ ʷᶦᶰᵗᵉʳᶠᵉᶫᶫ ❄ wrote: "Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Who's your least favourite character?"

It WAS Sansa, because she was kind of annoying, but then she kind of reminded me of myself somehow. Otherwise I don't really one. You?

message 44: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments He does crack me up sometimes, and I get what your saying. I'm a huge fan of the Joker, so there is insanity for you xD

message 45: by dany (new)

dany (elothwen) I felt kind of bad for him at first because of his failures but he was so horrible to Dany that in the end i was glad as well. Terrible way to die, though, and I was kind of upset when Daenerys didn't even care about his execution.

message 46: by dany (last edited Oct 28, 2014 10:36PM) (new)

dany (elothwen) He was her only living relative, so that had to count for something.
I THINK

message 47: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments No, I think her reaction to his death was perfect. For so long she had cared, loved, and put him nefore herself. Watching him die without emotion, was her way of showing him that she had closed her heart to him. That trying to take her dragons and kill her unborn son was a higher price than she would ever pay for his affections.
I thought her reaction was perfect!

message 48: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey | 170 comments Good point. Further evidence for the awesomeness of what went on xD Though, the heart eating bit made me sick. YUCK.

message 49: by ɯɐɔ, Resist for as long as possible. (new)

ɯɐɔ (camalama) | 127 comments Mod
Wow. It's been a while since I've seen a handful of you.

However, to the people that don't know me, I'm Cam. It's short for Cameron, but I'd strongly prefer it if you called me by the latter name. I'm a high schooler that lives in Chicago, and I'm an avid fan of the arts (tech crew in theater, music-- 7 instruments-- and drawing, etc) and writing. I've beeen roleplaying for about four-ish years now, and usually with Leena, Ella, Ariel, and that group (think: Capitol Academy, Confined, Terrence Port, among many) and wow this is going on forever.

Long story short, I'm Cam. Hello.

message 50: by ɯɐɔ, Resist for as long as possible. (new)

ɯɐɔ (camalama) | 127 comments Mod
I said I'd prefer if you called me "by the latter name." That implies Cameron, not Cam. Whoops. I'd strongly prefer if you called me Cam, albeit Cameron will suffice.

« previous 1 3 4

ᴠ.ᴏ.ʟ.ᴋ.ᴇ. ᴄᴏʀᴘᴏʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ [ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴀɴᴄᴇᴅ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ]

unread topics | mark unread