#72HourReadathon discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (itsjustmesamantha) Hello, I'm Samantha. Currently, where I live it is half term, which is where I get a week off from school, so I thought it would be really fun to do a mini 3 day read-a-thon. I plan to do a couple a year, but I haven't decided how many yet.
Currently it's just me organizing it, but if you're interested in helping out, let me know! The first one will start this Monday (27th October) at 12 a.m. wherever you are and end at 12 a.m. on Thursday! If you're tweeting about it make sure you use #72HourReadathon
Unfortunately, as it is just a spur-of-the-moment thing. I won't be able to organize any fun little challenges or giveaways, however, hopefully in the future I will be able to!
There is no particular theme for this one, so just read as much as you can/want and knock some books off your TBR pile!
You can use this thread to introduce yourself to the group! :D

message 2: by Yaëlle (new)

Yaëlle (livelovereadx) I'm in! Unfortunately, I have fall break now and school starts again on Monday, so I won't be able to read as much as I would like to, but I still want to participate :)

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (itsjustmesamantha) Yaëlle wrote: "I'm in! Unfortunately, I have fall break now and school starts again on Monday, so I won't be able to read as much as I would like to, but I still want to participate :)"

Awesome! :D That's a shame :(

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey! I'm up for it, sounds good. I think I'll read our Bookhunters pick, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, since it's not too long.

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (itsjustmesamantha) Ryan ⚯͛ wrote: "Hey! I'm up for it, sounds good. I think I'll read our Bookhunters pick, The Ocean at the End of the Lane, since it's not too long. "

Awesome! :)

message 6: by Jacquie (new)

Jacquie Fortin (jacquie_fortin) I've got midterms and stuff, but I'll still try to participate!

message 7: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (ivmcan) | 4 comments Mod
This sounds awesome! I'd love to help just let me know what I need to do!

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (itsjustmesamantha) Ivy wrote: "This sounds awesome! I'd love to help just let me know what I need to do!"

I've made you a moderator, and I'll message you about anything that you need to do! :) Thank you!

message 9: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (ivmcan) | 4 comments Mod
Samantha wrote: "Ivy wrote: "This sounds awesome! I'd love to help just let me know what I need to do!"

I've made you a moderator, and I'll message you about anything that you need to do! :) Thank you!"

Awesome, thanks!

message 10: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (blondiesbooks) | 2 comments Mod
This sounds so fun! I would love to help if you need it :) but I'm excited to participate!

Alex (Pucksandpaperbacks) (pucksandpaperbacks) This is a great idea!! I have two books I would like to finish. I am definitely in! Unfortunately, I do not have a break until mid November but I like a challenge!

message 12: by thegirlonfire (new)

thegirlonfire | 1 comments im currently reading clash of kings the 3 books in the game of thrones series, im reading it in my language so im still in the first part of the book, i will try to read more these 2 days :) i go to french course on the week but i will try to read more :)

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) This sounds awesome! If you need any help, I can help :)

message 14: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (itsjustmesamantha) There will be twitter sprints on my twitter everyday of the read-a-thon at 4-6pm GMT so make sure you're following me! My twitter is @ItsJustSam98
More people will be too, days+times are yet to be confirmed!

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) I'll be doing twitter sprints on Tuesday from 4 pm EST to 8 pm EST. There will be 15 minute, 30 minute and 45 minute sprints along with breaks inbetween. My twitter is @readbyanna and I'll be posting on my blog and booktube about the readathon.

message 16: by Calynn (new)

Calynn (calynnali) | 1 comments I've been meaning to participate in more read-a-thons, so I'm definitely in for this. This is the perfect opportunity to marathon some cheesy paranormal romance books. Tis the season, after all :P My Booktube and Twitter are both CalynnAli.

message 17: by Jo (new)

Jo Lisa (jolisa) | 12 comments I would LOVE to be part of a read-a-thon! I am new to this, so I will need some guidance.. Lol.. We just comment here and on Twitter about what, and how much, we are reading??? Also... What are sprints?? That sounds interesting.. HELP!! Haha

message 18: by Kristian (new)

Kristian (anerdwithcaffeine) | 4 comments This read-a-thon is coming at a perfect time because I SERIOUSLY need to know down my Tbr pile before November starts. So I'm excited!

message 19: by Kristian (new)

Kristian (anerdwithcaffeine) | 4 comments This read-a-thon is coming at a perfect time because I SERIOUSLY need to know down my Tbr pile before November starts. So I'm excited!

message 20: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (itsjustmesamantha) Jo wrote: "I would LOVE to be part of a read-a-thon! I am new to this, so I will need some guidance.. Lol.. We just comment here and on Twitter about what, and how much, we are reading??? Also... What are spr..."

yeah, pretty much! Sprints are where you read for a certain amount of time and then take a small break and normally you also complete some task during the break, like sharing a picture of your bookmark or something like that!

message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahsmanyhobbies) I'm in sounds fun:D

message 22: by Aileen (new)

Aileen I'm totally joining this! I have 5 books that I need to read soon since I got them from the library.

message 23: by Jorge (new)

Jorge  | 1 comments I'm in! I haven't read that much on October, this read-a-thon is perfect! Also, if you need to, I would love to help :)

message 24: by Kaojoua (new)

Kaojoua (juniebooks) This sounds fun. :) I have a ton of books I need to read (as usual), and this will be perfect.

message 25: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) This is great! I'm trying to finish Blood of Olympus and maybe one more before November (NaNoWriMo will be taking all my time then). This will be the perfect time!

message 26: by Christine (new)

Christine | 8 comments Hi, I'm Christine~
It might be a bit hard for me to read since I'm in a super reading intensive literature class but I think the challenge will be great! Can't wait to see where this goes!

message 27: by Itsskelseyy (new)

Itsskelseyy | 1 comments Hey! I'm in! Even though it's halfway through day one. But I think it'd be fun to consistently do 3 day readathons. Even if it's on a weekend! I think that'd be sweet. And if you have more moderators you guys can switch from host to host. So sweet. I'm excited!

message 28: by Rivalie (new)

Rivalie (dearrivarie) This sounds great! I don't think I can do much reading this week with school, but any readathon is great :D

message 29: by Lex (new)

Lex (likeliterallyliterary) This sounds great! I have to get my TBR together, the read-a-thon starts in less than 3 hours! Who knows how much reading I'll get done but I'm going to try.

message 30: by Lance (new)

Lance I would love to take part. I am off the next two days so I will see what I can read/finish. I just started Cinder. Will probably finish the rest of the series by Thursday. Thank you to my friend Ashley for recommending it.

message 31: by Asmos (new)

Asmos | 4 comments I have to work in the next three days, but I will do my best to read as much as a can ;)
This is actually my first read-a-thon and I hope it will be fun =)

message 32: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (itsjustmesamantha) Hey all, this is completely random, but I really want to host a liveshow on Friday, so if anyone's interested here is the video I made about it! http://youtu.be/xIMgsTa98b8 it's less than a minute, so it's not gonna take up ages of your time :) let me know!