Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Themes > Heroines in their 30's

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by bookworm1202 (last edited Oct 25, 2014 07:52AM) (new)

bookworm1202 | 67 comments In my first Hp read h was 26.
Then I got mad when I came across h of 21-22 ,coz at that age girls are supposed to be studies or career oriented .

then I had WTF moment when I came accross vintage hp where h is in the age group of 17-20.

So this got me thinking are there any hp with h in her thirties.
i have read few hp with heroine is in her late twenties.

in both below books h is 29
Prince of Secrets The Shy Bride

below two i guess have h in their thirties (just read the reviews of below books)
A Rich Man's Whim Forgotten Daughter

suggest any hp which fits the bill

message 2: by Verity (new)

message 3: by Sandra (last edited Nov 03, 2014 09:30PM) (new)

Sandra | 40 comments Anne Mather probably has some 30 year old heroines in some of her books. Sometimes paired with younger heroes! :)

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 40 comments Sinful Pleasures - Anne Mather
Sinful Pleasures (Presents , No 1959) by Anne Mather

message 5: by Pam (new)

Pam | 258 comments Forbidden Loving by Penny Jordan

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
Such Sweet Poison.. It's been a while but I think I remember the heroine being 35.

message 7: by Jen - Reviews (new)

Jen - Reviews | 159 comments I would love to read some HPs with older heroines. So far the only heroines older than twenty something have been in non HP books that I've read.

message 8: by Becky (new)

Becky  (BeckyNJ) | 47 comments The Greek's Secret Passion. Heroine is 34, hero was her first but in their 16 years apart both have moved on but have a second chance. It's very different from the typical HP, many won't like it, they are more like normal people who behave in realistic ways.

I much prefer this to the 35 year old virgin trope. When I run across them I tend to dnf them...

message 9: by Jen - Reviews (new)

Jen - Reviews | 159 comments Thanks Becky, I will definitely be reading the one you suggested. It sounds like one I would like ie realistic and romantic.

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky  (BeckyNJ) | 47 comments It's funny that SK has written the most campy off the wall HPs (heroes so arrogant they refer to themselves in third person!) as well as some of the most real. I think HP readers are very used to heroes expecting heroine to be just a fling, but what readers might not like is that he genuinely loved his wife. I thought this was more real than marrying a woman just because she's a virgin or pregnant. There is also not much flashback, and it's told past tense, so his rejection is not as hard for me to handle. He is also meeting his peers' expectations and very young, not like the many heroes in their 30s still treating women like poop.

message 11: by Jen - Reviews (last edited Dec 05, 2014 08:37AM) (new)

Jen - Reviews | 159 comments Right, thanks for that Becky. It does sound very good indeed. After I finish the one I'm reading now, this one's next. And yes I agree with you about SK. I've only read a couple of her books though.