THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Latest Book instead of First Book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie (new)

Jessie G. (jessiegbooks) | 3 comments I honestly don't know if this is a question or a suggestion or something I can toggle. I certainly can't find the toggle option if there is one.

When I log in and am on Home there is a Author Dashboard Widget on the top right. That's great except it shows the stats of my first book instead of my latest book. I have to click in View Dashboard to see the stats for that one.

This little extra step takes no time, I know, and is really simple. That said, is there a way for that little Author Dashboard widget to show my latest release instead of my first release?

message 2: by K.L. (new)

K.L. Barnes (goodreadscomKL_Barnes) | 5 comments Hi Jessie,

This is a great question. I thought maybe it was because I'm always on here on my iPad, but the whole site always defaults to the oldest posts, books, etc.

I'll be interested to see if anyone has an answer.

message 3: by Jessie (new)

Jessie G. (jessiegbooks) | 3 comments I guess no one has an answer :(

message 4: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Lesley (cplesley) | 199 comments It's picked by algorithm, I think, but I am not sure how. It's definitely not the oldest book, but it may be the one that shows the most recent activity. For me, my third book replaced my second and held the position for months even after I published two newer books. Then my fourth replaced my third for no obvious reason, only to lose out to the third again when I launched a giveaway of the third.

The author seems to have no say in which book is picked, in any case.

message 5: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Connell (sharonkconnell) | 114 comments I think someone needs to address this on Goodreads. The author should have the option of which book is featured, I would think. At least it would help us and I do believe that Goodreads is a site that wants to help authors and readers both. Hopefully someone who can change it, will. :D

message 6: by Jessie (new)

Jessie G. (jessiegbooks) | 3 comments I'm hoping someone will and was surprised I couldn't find another thread on this. While it's nice seeing how all my books are doing, having this option would be really helpful and seems like a no-brainer.

message 7: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Lesley (cplesley) | 199 comments Personally, I would like not to display any of my books in that slot—or to display the covers in rotation without the stats. I do my best not to get het up about reviews and generally do a good job, but it's hard with GR shoving the details in my face all the time.