Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Need print version added please!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shiriluna (new)

Shiriluna Nott (shirilunanott) | 15 comments Hello! I am requesting the print version of my novel, "A Call to Arms: Book One of the Chronicles of Arden" be added to the already existing ebook version.

The print ISBN is: 978-0692315439

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you!

message 2: by Shiriluna (new)

Shiriluna Nott (shirilunanott) | 15 comments Oh, and the ASIN for my ebook version is B00OK3HUSI, in case you need that too.

Everything else should be the same.

message 3: by Nanaa (new)

Nanaa (xxmzsmilesxx) | 1167 comments Kindle edition added, https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

So your paperback version of your book shares the same ISBN - 970692315439 as your ebook version?

message 4: by Shiriluna (new)

Shiriluna Nott (shirilunanott) | 15 comments No, sorry. The Kindle version should only have an ASIN. The print copy has the ISBN. I feel like I messed something up. Lol.

message 5: by Shiriluna (new)

Shiriluna Nott (shirilunanott) | 15 comments No, sorry. The Kindle version should only have an ASIN. The print copy has the ISBN. I feel like I messed something up. Lol.

message 6: by Nanaa (new)

Nanaa (xxmzsmilesxx) | 1167 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

So this is a paperback version, not ebook?

message 7: by Shiriluna (new)

Shiriluna Nott (shirilunanott) | 15 comments That is the ebook version (313 pages). But I just noticed the ISBN of the print version is listed there instead of the ASIN. :-/

message 8: by Shiriluna (new)

Shiriluna Nott (shirilunanott) | 15 comments The print version should have 260 pages, by the way. :)

message 9: by Nanaa (new)

Nanaa (xxmzsmilesxx) | 1167 comments Shiriluna, I'm sorry but I'm completely confused.
So these two editions of you books are corrected right?
https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

What you want me to do is to add the paperback edition of your book:
ISBN-10: 0692315438
ISBN-13: 978-0692315439
Print Length: 260 pages
Published: October 15, 2014
Publisher: Please provide details

message 10: by Shiriluna (new)

Shiriluna Nott (shirilunanott) | 15 comments I think they look alright now, so yes, combine them together.

message 11: by Nanaa (new)

Nanaa (xxmzsmilesxx) | 1167 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... paperback edition added. GR policy states that we can't add the same ISBN into the database, hence I added a librarian note stating that the ISBN for paperback edition and ebook version are the same.

message 12: by Shiriluna (new)

Shiriluna Nott (shirilunanott) | 15 comments Thanks. Is there a way to delete the ISBN for the ebook version? Because the ebook version never had an ISBN before--only the ASIN. I never bought an ISBN for the ebook version. I just used the ASIN provided by Amazon.

message 13: by Nanaa (new)

Nanaa (xxmzsmilesxx) | 1167 comments I'm unsure if we can do that.
Just to clarify, the ebook edition only had an ASIN B00OK3HUSI but you changed the ASIN to ISBN 978-0692315439?
Also only Amazons have ASIN, which means their not called ebooks, rather their kindle editions.

message 14: by Shiriluna (new)

Shiriluna Nott (shirilunanott) | 15 comments I see three versions of the book now. One is labeled Kindle. One is labeled Paperback. And one is labeled ebook. Is there a way to delete the ebook one? That is the one which is messed up. Thanks. Sorry for the confusion. :P

message 15: by Nanaa (new)

Nanaa (xxmzsmilesxx) | 1167 comments So the ebook edition doesn't exist, and was mistakenly added by you?
Only the paperback and kindle edition were published?

message 16: by Shiriluna (new)

Shiriluna Nott (shirilunanott) | 15 comments I created the ebook version when I first joined the site because no record of the book was showing up at all.

message 17: by Shiriluna (new)

Shiriluna Nott (shirilunanott) | 15 comments The book is only published on Kindle (Amazon) and now the paperback, through CreateSpace. No other versions should exist.

message 18: by Nanaa (new)

Nanaa (xxmzsmilesxx) | 1167 comments Sorry Shiriluna but I don't have the authority to delete that book as it has a lot of reviews, hence, I will post a request for a superlibrarian to delete it.

message 19: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I reverted format/ISBN changes on the ebook edition. As there was never an actual "ebook" edition, only a kindle edition, I merged the duplicate kindle edition and appended the ASIN. I have moved the paperback ISBN to the paperback edition. Now you have only two editions.