The Evolution of Science Fiction discussion

Science Fiction Authors > interview with Stan Schmidt

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul (paullev) | 42 comments interview with former, long-time Analog Science Fiction editor Stan Schmidt - 1978-2012 - which I did on my podcast a few years ago. Analog is still the science fiction magazines with the largest circulation http://paullev.libsyn.com/interview_w...

message 2: by Jo (new)

Jo | 1092 comments Thanks Paul - really interesting interview. I must admit I didn't know Analog magazine before listening. It seems i've been missing out though, as it covers my favourite type of sci-fi - that based on science fact.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul (paullev) | 42 comments Glad you enjoyed! True about Amazon, its emphasis is on plausible science fiction.

message 4: by David (new)

David Merrill | 240 comments Just noticing this now. Schmidt has been contributing a lot of fiction lately to Analog and just starting with a serialized novel this month.

I work for the company that owns Analog and Asimovs. When they were purchasing the Dell magazine line about 20 years ago, they really picked my brain a lot. No one there knew much about Scirnce Fiction. I've been getting free copies ever since. Another perk is free copies of Locus magazine once they've made the rounds.