Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > The Maze Runner by James Dashner → Start Date: November 3rd, 2014

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alice (new)

Alice Ly | 52 comments Hey guys, please join Rachel and I as we read the first book in the "Maze Runner" trilogy by James Dashner!

message 2: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 13 comments I'd like to join! :D

message 3: by Alice (new)

Alice Ly | 52 comments Hi Charlotte! We're happy to have you :)

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah D | 29 comments I would like to join. When are you starting?

message 5: by Alice (new)

Alice Ly | 52 comments Hi Sarah! We're starting on the 3rd of November which is in 9 days from today. :)

message 6: by Lucy (new)

Lucy I'd like to join if I can :) I've got some other things to read as well though so I might be a bit slow.

message 7: by Alice (new)

Alice Ly | 52 comments Hey Lucy, I'm sure it'll be fine as long as everyone doesn't mind marking their comments for spoilers :).

message 8: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Thank you :)

message 9: by Alice (new)

Alice Ly | 52 comments Girls, how would you like to divide the stops?
My suggestion would be to have like 6 stops?
1. Stop) Chapter 1-10
2. Stop) Chapter 11-20
3. Stop) Chapter 21-30
4. Stop) Chapter 31-40
5. Stop) Chapter 41-50
6. Stop) Chapter 51-End

Of course everyone can read as fast as they want but if you could state at which stop you are and mark your comment for spoilers afterwards, that would be great. :)
Let me know if you girls agree or whether you have any other suggestions on how to divide it.

message 10: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Just got to chapter 11 (stop 1) and really enjoying it so far :)

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Gunter That looks really good Alice I'll definitely stick to that :) unfortunately I haven't been able to start yet, been silly busy with classes...hopefully i'll start tomorrow...sorry I'm behind!

message 12: by Alice (new)

Alice Ly | 52 comments Hey Rachel, to be honest, I didn't start yet either... I'M GUILTY. Work has been crazy lately so I probably won't be able to start until like saturday? But I tend to be done within 1-2 sittings if I like the book sooo... hoping that I'll love this.

By the way, did any of you watch the movie?

message 13: by Lily (new)

Lily | 90 comments I have already read it but am reading it again in class <3
We are about chapter 15?