Shut Up & Read discussion

Darkness of Light (Darkness, #1)
This topic is about Darkness of Light
Past-Read It & Reap Books > {Read It & Reap 357} - Darkness of Light & Fire in the Darkness by Stacey Marie Brown

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lys (last edited Nov 04, 2014 12:11PM) (new) - added it

Lys (lysrowan) What is Read It & Reap? Our Read It & Reap program is designed with authors in mind. Our goal is to help indie and self-published authors promote their books. If you are signing up to review Please Remember you have 3 weeks to read and review and post the links to your review on this page! For more information about RI&R and our Rules & Requirements click here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...
Title: Darkness of Light and Fire in the Darkness
Author: Stacey Marie Brown
Genre: Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
Page # 298 and 255
Formats Available: Any, via Smashwords

Synopsis:

Freak. Witch. Crazy. Schizo.

Ember Brycin has been called them all. She’s always known she’s different. No one has ever called her normal, even under the best circumstances. Bizarre and inexplicable things continually happen to her, and having two different colored eyes, strange hair, and an unusual tattoo only contributes to the gossip about her.

When the latest school explosion lands her in a facility for troubled teens, she meets Eli Dragen, who’s hot as hell and darkly mysterious. Their connection is full of passion, danger, and secrets. Secrets that will not only change her life, but what and who she is—leading her down a path she never imagined possible.

Between Light and Dark, Ember finds a world where truth and knowledge are power and no one can be trusted. But her survival depends on finding out the truth about herself. In her pursuit, she is forced between love and destiny and good and evil, even when the differences between them aren’t always clear. At worst, she will incite a war that could destroy both worlds. At best, she will not only lose her heart but her life and everyone she loves. Once the truth is out, however, there will be no going back. And she’ll definitely wish she could.

DARKNESS OF LIGHT is a Mature YA(16+)/New Adult Paranormal Romance.

**Warning: The Darkness Series is not YA, but a NA Series.

Fire In The Darkness by Stacey Marie Brown

It's been four weeks since Ember Brycin witnessed what her powers are capable of. The Electrical Current Storm (ECS) has turned Seattle, Washington into a natural disaster zone. The death toll is in the thousands with countless others homeless and hungry.

And Ember is the one who caused it. Something she will have to live with every day.

Those people who were unable to escape either turned quickly into gangs or live in shelters. Ember, on the other hand, can’t do either. With a price on her head and a Dark Dweller on her ass, she is constantly on the move. Both Light and Dark are hunting her for their own purpose to use her as a weapon or a pawn in the war between the Unseelie King of the Dark and the Seelie Queen of the Light.

Em needs help but doesn’t know who to trust: Lars, the mystery man Torin told her to find? Torin, the Seelie Queen’s personal knight, who has sworn to keep Em safe? Or Eli, who wants to turn her over to the Unseelie King, but whom she has an undeniable, intense connection with?

No matter what she chooses she will probably lose—her life or everything and everyone she loves.

The first 10 people to sign up leaving their email address will receive a Smashwords code for these free ebooks to review

Review Due Date: Tuesday, Nov 25

Kate (katemganderson) | 12 comments Kate Anderson - kat_mg_anderson@hotmail.com.

message 3: by Bárbara (new) - added it

Bárbara (coldestxwinter) barb_fnr@hotmail.com ~> ePub

message 4: by Bri (new)

Bri (Its_brii_the_booknerd) | 37 comments briimarie19@kindle.com. mobi thanks

message 5: by E.A. (last edited Oct 24, 2014 05:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.A. | 50 comments This sounds good!

My email is -> emilyann.walsh25@gmail.com

Epub please :)

Keep Calm Novel On (keepcalmandnovelon) | 165 comments I would be interested in reading and reviewing.
keepcalmnovelon@gmail.com
ePub please and thank you.

LoveBooksAndCats | 25 comments R u offering both books? First n second both?
Would love to read.
Kittto@live.com

Nicole | 78 comments nikkikearn@gmail.com - Whatever works on my Nexsus =)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 16 comments broricha54@yahoo.com
I would love to review :)

FallingFeathers | 5 comments I would also love to read them :)

fallingfeathers90@gmail.com

Rhonda Farrell (vanaef) | 38 comments I would love to review these.
vanae1962@yahoo.com

message 12: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 282 comments I would love to read.

sharonscraps@comcast.net

message 13: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (vachona) | 73 comments Any left? If so, EPUB to vachona007@gmail.com, please.

Nicole | 78 comments Was this sent out yet? I never got it?

message 15: by Kate (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kate (katemganderson) | 12 comments I don't think I've received it either. Not yet anyway :)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 374 comments Buggar... I was hoping to just be able to review #2 as I've already read #1. Seems I missed my chance.

FallingFeathers | 5 comments Hi there,

I didn't receive the ebooks yet. Still waiting on them, maybe something went wrong? (I'm message 10 btw)

fallingfeathers90@gmail.com

message 18: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (vachona) | 73 comments Huh, me neither. However, the first book is currently free on both Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

FallingFeathers | 5 comments Very strange don't you think? I mean they posted it Oct 23th

message 20: by Lys (new) - added it

Lys (lysrowan) Ack, ok. This is the second time I have had this issue. I need to stop sending from my notebook apparently. I will hop on my desktop in the morning and hunt down the draft and make sure it goes out. I'll adjust the due date as well.
Sorry guys.
Note: I will send out to first ten people who signed up.

message 21: by Lys (new) - added it

Lys (lysrowan) all fixed

Rhonda Farrell (vanaef) | 38 comments I am not able to get the coupon code to work on the second book Fire In The Darkness.

Keep Calm Novel On (keepcalmandnovelon) | 165 comments I have read and reviewed Darkness of Light.
I have posted my review on the following sites:
Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Tumblr
Amazon.com

Thank you.

message 25: by E.A. (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.A. | 50 comments I have read and review Darkness of Light , you can view it Here I will have Fire of Darkness tomorrow. As I said in a different post, me and my computer got into a fight, so I'm a little behind on things. I swear all things electronic are trying to kill me lately.

message 26: by Stacey (new) - added it

Stacey Brown (staceymariebrown) | 23 comments if any of you never got the code (I apologize) for book 2, Fire in the Darkness, please email me. the first book is free.

message 27: by E.A. (new) - rated it 4 stars

E.A. | 50 comments I have finished reading and reviewing Fire of Darkness you can check it out Here

Rhonda Farrell (vanaef) | 38 comments Here is my review of Darkness of Light.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...