Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Author Resource Round Table > Amazon Blocked My Paperback, Where to Publish?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beau (new)

Beau Tauxe | 3 comments Amazon blocked my paperback but published the exact same manuscript as an ebook. So far, I'm getting the same boilerplate responses that give me no clue what I "did wrong" and "need to repent" for doing.

The frustration of making them money yet having no assistance when an issue arises is ridiculous.

Where else can a person publish erotica that doesn't include an F-bomb? Barnes & Noble? Experiences better/worse than Amazon?

message 2: by Beau (new)

Beau Tauxe | 3 comments Now they've blocked the ebook as well. Time to find a new home!

I'm looking at Smashwords but haven't made up my mind yet.

message 3: by Michel (new)

Michel Poulin | 172 comments Why don't you try to publish your ebook on Free-Ebooks.net? You don't make a cent there, but at least they are very liberal about accepting ebooks by independent authors. I published three erotica ebooks through them and God knows those were not meant to be read by children!

message 4: by P.S. (new)

P.S. Winn (goodreadscompswinn) | 68 comments I had some problems with Amazon just lately, but was able to publish books today.

message 5: by Beau (new)

Beau Tauxe | 3 comments Michel wrote: "Why don't you try to publish your ebook on Free-Ebooks.net? You don't make a cent there, but at least they are very liberal about accepting ebooks by independent authors. I published three erotica ..."

They are marked as 18+ only. I do give some books away but I prefer to make a few bucks for my gratification. It makes it feel like I'm being compensated for the thousands of hours I've invested.

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Lagarde (deb_lagarde) | 116 comments Try Lulu. Plus they distribute using their GlobalREACH program to various platforms such as B&N, Smashwords, iBook, Kobo and several others. lulu.com. Use EPub format but so do many other distributors. Don't know why Amazon took off your book if it is erotica...mine isn't but it is dicey in spots plus more than a few cuss words.