Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new)

Richard Weyand | 34 comments Hi:

I have five books out now in the EMPIRE series:
EMPIRE: Reformer (EMPIRE Series Book 1)
EMPIRE: Usurper (EMPIRE Series Book 2)
EMPIRE: Tyrant (EMPIRE Series Book 3)
EMPIRE: Commander (EMPIRE Series Book 4)
EMPIRE: Warlord (EMPIRE Series Book 5)

The first four were listed properly, as above, for months. The fifth book is now out, and I asked for help because the cover didn't show up, but now the books are listed without the 'pre-title' and without any reference to the series or which number in the series the book is. They are just listed like this:
Reformer
Usurper
Tyrant
Commander
Warlord

Can someone put that back the way it was please?

Thanks!

message 2: by annob (last edited Sep 21, 2019 02:28AM) (new)

annob | 1487 comments Hello Richard

Existence of a previous series listing:
I've looked through the Librarian changelog and can't see any trace of an earlier Goodreads series page existing. If someone had deleted it, there should be a deletion entry. This leads me to believe that the series information was only ever listed in the title field of each book. I'm not sure why the series name was deleted from the title field.

We can definitely help you to make a proper series listing here on Goodreads as the titles listed in your OP all seems to take place in the fictional world/empire of Sintar. To me that sounds as they meet Goodreads' criteria to be listed on a series page.

Title data:
On Goodreads there are a number of rules for how book data should be formatted on the site. These two I've applied to your Empire book titles:

• If the title or subtitle of the book contains a series name, the placement of the series name is shifted to appear after the title and placed within parethesis. In short the Goodreads syntax is BookTitle (SeriesName #N).

• The title should be capitalized according to standard title capitalization for the language of the edition. Preferred title capitalization in English is the use of capital letters for the principal words.

Goodreads series page created:
https://www.goodreads.com/series/2717...

message 3: by Richard (new)

Richard Weyand | 34 comments Hi:

The sixth book in that series is now out.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Could you please make that title agree with the others in format and add it to the series page?

Thanks so much.

message 4: by annob (new)

annob | 1487 comments Book 6 added as well.

message 5: by Richard (new)

Richard Weyand | 34 comments Thank you!