Play Book Tag discussion

September 2019: Cultural > Beartown by Frederik Backman 4.5**

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MargieD2017 (new)

MargieD2017 | 259 comments I so enjoy the writing of this author. His style and ability to capture and present the truest human mind and its thoughts, emotional challenges and abilities to learn, share and affect change is incredibly sensitive and effective. The story of a town and its inhabitants as it struggles to survive through the use of a junior hockey team carries such an impact that you are drawn into it before you know it. The moral and ethical issues that are raised and the questions these prompt, as to what makes men approach women with entitlement and who is to be at fault for their errant behavior, is thought provoking posing internal exploration as well as the communal culture.

While these questions arise in your mind it doesn't distract from a highly enjoyable story of struggle and life's constant presentation of conflict. I understand that the next book ' Us Against Them' picks up where this one left off. I am anxiously looking forward to continuing the story.

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments I will never tire of reading the reviews and talking of this book.

Glad you loved it.