Goodreads Ireland discussion

Introductions > Hello

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suz (new)

Suz (suzippity) | 2 comments I am a new member to the group. I visited Ireland for the first time in August and fell in love with it. Everyday, I think about Ireland, and now I want to read everything about Ireland, set in Ireland, or written by Irish authors. Hoping this group gives me so good book leads.

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (tom471) | 1527 comments Mod
Welcome Suz

message 3: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Vosse | 8 comments Hi Suz... I'm not sure about self advertising here but if you like reading short stories, I have two collections available, both ebook and paperback. Many of the stories are based in Ireland so you may get a flavour...

Thanks,
AJ

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan | 4707 comments AJ, we have a separate discussion thread for self promotions.

message 5: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Vosse | 8 comments Hi Susan, Thanks for that... would you please point me in the right direction? Thanks

message 6: by Suz (new)

Suz (suzippity) | 2 comments Thank you, everyone!

message 7: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Vosse | 8 comments 😁👍📚😃

message 8: by Lissa (new)

Lissa Oliver | 81 comments Hi, Suz, welcome to the group, you'll find a lot of good recommendations here, I hope. Depending on genre tastes, I recently read The Dragon's Revenge by Conor Kostick and passed it on to my daughter, we both loved it. A teenager battles against a rogue programme in an RPG video game, while at the same time battling the shady world of BitCoin. Not my usual choice of genre, but really vivid and enthralling.
I find a lot of Irish authors and a summary of their books listed on the Irish Writers Union.org website. I'm up there myself, if you like thrillers! It will show you if the books are set in Ireland, to rekindle your happy memories.
Suz wrote: "I am a new member to the group. I visited Ireland for the first time in August and fell in love with it. Everyday, I think about Ireland, and now I want to read everything about Ireland, set in Ire..."