Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Add one book and remove 2 books from series

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new)

Jon Auerbach | 12 comments Hi,

Can you please add Guild of Tokens: Origins to the series https://www.goodreads.com/series/2668... as Book 0?

Can you also please remove both Trainee and Enforcer from that same series (they are currently books 0.5 and 1.5)?

Thank you!

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 16460 comments Added #0. Why would we remove the others, as it is on the covers and the plot description clearly marks them as part of the series as well.

message 3: by Jon (new)

Jon Auerbach | 12 comments Because they are short stories that are included in the book 0. Thanks!

message 4: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5022 comments Jon wrote: "Because they are short stories that are included in the book 0. Thanks!"

They should still remain as part of the series, but a note can be added to the record to indicate that book #0 includes those short stories. It's not an uncommon situation :)

message 5: by Jon (new)

Jon Auerbach | 12 comments I would prefer that they be removed, to avoid clutter and confusion, if that is OK. Thank you!

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13039 comments Jon wrote: "I would prefer that they be removed, to avoid clutter and confusion, if that is OK. Thank you!"

Sorry, we can't remove them.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41725 comments Mod
Origins is of novella length. So it should actually be book #0.5.

If it comprises Trainee and Enforcer, I would renumber those as #0.5A and #0.5B (and move them to the end of the series list).

message 8: by Jon (new)

Jon Auerbach | 12 comments rivka wrote: "Origins is of novella length. So it should actually be book #0.5.

If it comprises Trainee and Enforcer, I would renumber those as #0.5A and #0.5B (and move them to the end of the series list)."

Is it possible then to delete the existing series and create a new series, with Origins as book 0.5 and Guild of Tokens as book 1?

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41725 comments Mod
Goodreads does not delete valid book information, including that of out-of-print editions. Those books are part of the series, so they stay.