2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Murder on Union Square (Gaslight Mystery, #21)
This topic is about Murder on Union Square
Murder on Union Square > Question A

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
The author was notified by a fan who is a lawyer that under state law, Catherine’s legal father couldn’t be her biological father. It would be her mother’s husband at the time of her birth. Were you surprised to learn this at the beginning of the story? What did you think would be Parnell Vaughn’s reaction?

Phrynne | 592 comments It was an interesting development! I expected Parnell to want to make money out of it and was surprised when he did not.

Robin (robinmy) | 1213 comments Certainly didn't expect to see Parnell Vaughn back in this series. Like Phrynne, I expected Parnell would gladly take money to sign over his rights to Catherine. He surprised me.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
Just another arcane law of the time. If that was still in place today, we’d have one huge mess in this country alone.

I was very much caught off guard when that was revealed. I, too, thought Vaughn would leverage the situation but I believe his new sobriety affected his behavior. He was a different man from the one we previously knew.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 212 comments I was surprised when Parnell was back in the mix; however I knew of the law. There are some states that still believe the mother's husband is the legal guardian.