YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Ghost Files (The Ghost Files, #1)
This topic is about The Ghost Files
BUDDY READ: Horror/Thriller > Ghost Files (The Ghost Files #1) by Apryl Baker - Starting October 15th 2019

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7482 comments Soon to be a major motion picture!

Cherry blossom lipstick: check
Smokey eyes: check
Skinny jeans: check
Dead kid in the mirror: check

For sixteen year old Mattie Hathaway, this is her normal everyday routine. She’s been able to see ghosts since her mother tried to murder her when she was five years old. No way does she want anyone to know she can talk to spooks. Being a foster kid is hard enough without being labeled a freak too.

Normally, she just ignores the ghosts and they go away. That is until she see’s the ghost of her foster sister… Sally.

Everyone thinks Sally’s just another runaway, but Mattie knows the truth—she’s dead. Murdered. Mattie feels like she has to help Sally, but she can’t do it alone. Against her better judgment, she teams up with a young policeman, Officer Dan, and together they set out to discover the real truth behind Sally’s disappearance.

Only to find out she’s dealing with a much bigger problem, a serial killer, and she may be the next victim…

Will Mattie be able to find out the truth before the killer finds her?

Mummy's Naughty Corner (mummysnaughtycorner) | 7004 comments Mod
Starting this tonight.

30%

(view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7482 comments I’m apologizing now for probably not getting to this until next week. Hope you’re enjoying it!

❀ Crystal ✿ - wrote: "I’m apologizing now for probably not getting to this until next week. Hope you’re enjoying it!"

That's okay.

I'm finding it good so far. the story is gripping and the characters are fitting together nicely. It's a bit dark in places, just warning you.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7482 comments Looking forward to it already. Been trying to read spookier things this month so that’s perfect!! 💀😬

50%

(view spoiler)

70%

(view spoiler)

Finished

(view spoiler)

I really enjoyed it. I will check back to see your comments I'm up for reading book 2 if you want too.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7482 comments 24% (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7482 comments 68% (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7482 comments Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "50%

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7482 comments 88% (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7482 comments 94% (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7482 comments Finished (view spoiler)
Definitely interested in reading more. I like Mattie’s snarky attitude and while unfortunate it’s good she has the mind and training to protect herself, well most of the time lol. Will definitely be reading book two!

Glad you enjoyed it yes it's a hidden gem. I didn't know who you'll handle it that's why I gave the warning some people have triggers and if the book is unclear I don't want people getting upset when they don't have too.

I can read the second early November if you want?

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7482 comments Sure, I will most certainly be late again but if you don’t mind yes I’d love to read the next one, I really did enjoy it and thanks just in case about the warnings, you make a good point, while it didn’t bother me, especially since it deals with dead children this is certainly not for everyone. You can pick whatever date works for you 😁

I've set it for November 15th. We are on the same team next month so it'll be great points for us lol. I really want to know what happens next so looking forward to it.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7482 comments Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "I've set it for November 15th. We are on the same team next month so it'll be great points for us lol. I really want to know what happens next so looking forward to it."

Me too, have a feeling we’ll be planning to read part three as well lol. Good thing we got #1 out of the way because yes these points will be nice and I’m really looking forward as well to see how things proceed!!

It depends on where you look there is up to 5 or 6 books so we can be scared out until Santa can make it better lol.

I love books like that I simply got it because it was free but it was really good. Love finding hidden gems.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 7482 comments Mummy's Naughty Corner wrote: "It depends on where you look there is up to 5 or 6 books so we can be scared out until Santa can make it better lol.

I love books like that I simply got it because it was free but it was really go..."

Yeah I got it free too, probably years ago now lol and at least at this point the series is finished!

Yeah I'm getting into finishing my series so the next challenge is perfect for me at the moment. Plus I have Kindle Unlimited at the moment so that's helping.